Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The older ash looks much nicer in terms of color. Is that down to it being oiled over the years and if so what type of oil is used Jason?

The wenge looks nice, it's one of the nicest non ebony based cues I've seen.

Comment

• The older ash looks much nicer in terms of color. Is that down to it being oiled over the years and if so what type of oil is used Jason?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Despearce View Post
        The older ash looks much nicer in terms of color. Is that down to it being oiled over the years and if so what type of oil is used Jason?

this is one of a small bunch of shafts that i got from a closed club. all the cues were one piece ash with heavy lacquer so they were well preserved. then after retapering and sanding this cue i used clear linseed and this was the result, a nice olive color
        yes nice straight grain wenge looks and feels excellent

Comment

• What specs are they running out at now ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by old school View Post
            What specs are they running out at now ?

wenge olive: 56.75/8.75/28.5/18bp/14.5oz. this cue is taken.

purple heart babinga: 57/9/28.5/17bp/16oz. cue is available, so specs could change/modified.
            Last edited by j6uk; 23 May 2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              wenge olive: 56.75/8.75/25.5/18bp/14.5oz. this cue is taken.
              interesting specs. is that for english pool?

Comment

wenge olive: 56.75/8.75/28.5/18bp/14.5oz. this cue is taken.
                Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                interesting specs. is that for english pool?
                yeah english pool cue specs matt but i miss typed, and the butt is 28.5mm not 25.5

Comment

• did a few hrs this afternoon on a couple of shafts. dong the 3rd stage of 5 before splicing

Comment

still some fine work to be done otherwise these two are pretty much ready for the table..
                    top cue is a two tone babinga purple heart with white ash, bottom is wenge and vintage olive colored ash.

Olive and Wenge looking very nice, hopefully plays as good as it looks.
                    Last edited by foss13; 23 May 2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

yeah english pool cue specs matt but i miss typed, and the butt is 28.5mm not 25.5
                      ah right, thought it was a kids cue maybe, looking very nice btw

Comment

• I've never know someone want a cue that light for English pool as it seems really light..
                        Still looks real nice.
                        For that one you've always wanted...
                        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                          I've never know someone want a cue that light for English pool as it seems really light..
                          Still looks real nice.
                          Weight of a cue is personal preference, don't think you need a heavy cue for pool.

Comment

• Originally Posted by foss13 View Post
                            Weight of a cue is personal preference, don't think you need a heavy cue for pool.
                            Yes I agree, just saying it loud that is a very light cue.
                            Have played it for a lot of years and never known anyone want one that light... At a county standard.
                            Wasn't knocking Jason cue in any way.
                            Would love the chance to play with one of his cues.
                            For that one you've always wanted...
                            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

• both cues are around 14.5oz on the lighter side. but i think 56-57/7.5-8.5/15-16oz is standard for pool players no?

Comment

• Sorry , Jason , no such thing as standard . I would suggest your parameters be 55 1/2 " - 57 1/2 " , 7.5 mm - 9 .25 mm and 15 - 17 oz . This would cover a lot of pool players and could double as a snooker cue as well . My lightest cue is 12 1/2 oz and that is a 3/4 with a butt joint as well , would be around 10 - 11 oz without the brass in the joints , this cue comes out when I want to put more action on a cue ball and I am feeling lazy or a fast cloth and " touch " pool i.e. playing old rules and sneaking up behind balls for snookers . Nothing wrong with lighter cues , in fact I prefer them because I am an advocate of tip speed being more important than weight in the break off shot in World Rules English pool . Love your work by the way , butterfly Wenge still going strong .

Comment

Working...
                                X