This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
    True and it would be good for playing on this table too.

[ATTACH]17542[/ATTACH]

I'd better get started
    Tell me that table would be no good for working on your swerve shot!!
    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

• another one ready to go on the hob

Comment

• just squared off the next few cues to be cut. hope to hit the table with one by the weekend

Comment

• Have you not tried ebony yet then ??

Comment

• no not yet
            Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Have you not tried ebony yet then ??

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
              Your work looks grand. What filler did you use out of interest please? I have a couple of cues that need refilling here and there.
              i don't use filler

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                no not yet
                I assume it costs more, is that only reason, or do you prefer the woods you use now

Comment

• yes ebony and rosewood are generally the most common and costly. as far as the woods im using and will be using, they are carefully chosen and collected over quite a long time, long before i thought of making a cue.
                  i am looking for a overall look for my first swatch of cues, as well as all of them to be able to perform on the table

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  I assume it costs more, is that only reason, or do you prefer the woods you use now

Comment

• Thanks J6 for the chat.
                    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

• no it doesn't rifile, though that can depend on the wood. its all about the wood
                      Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
                      Does this mean that the chevrons are slightly pitted? Cheers J6.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
                        I'm guessing that some cue makers don't spend as much time as you do on the finish of the cue. Having renovated a few cues to a natural finish, I know just how hard the chevrons are compared to the rest of the timber and how sanding can result in a bumpy finish. I'm guessing a lot of cue makers avoid this by simply filling any grain?
                        you've lost me a bit on the grain filler, what is this and what do you use?
                        iv found that no one does things the same way in getting what they want from the wood they use
                        Last edited by j6uk; 4 February 2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• in playing terms with these cues im now on a 50. the next stage is to try and win the frame and make a ton, so good position is needed

Last edited by j6uk; 4 February 2015, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            this cue is a poker with some give at the top end
                            specs are now:
                            16bp
                            17oz
                            the final cut for this cue

iv not had a shot with it yet but doing the resonance test its got more of a ring to it now iv taken it down to 57 and 8.5

Comment

• so what next you planning on making and selling some of these very nice cues ?

Comment

• next plan is to make it up with the little woman or i'll be on the end of another 180.. then get my back over the jig and finish the few above. i do have another i think might be special but thats a few weeks away
                                i will be letting things go so i can free the work space

Comment

Working...
                                X