Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
    Does anyone have any personal info TW??

Is he young or old, when he started Cue making etc etc.

I know his Cues are on par with Parris quality wise but it is very hard to find information on him and i am curious as he is a great Cue maker.
    My personal opinion is that Trevor is much preferred over Parris. Not trying to start anything, just say'in.
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
      My personal opinion is that Trevor is much preferred over Parris. Not trying to start anything, just say'in.
      Totally agree about quality. but on the whole world circuit so to speak the John Parris ultimates will always come out on top as the most popular, you often see Trevor whites sitting on eBay for a long while where the ultimate will go on bang sold.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        Totally agree about quality. but on the whole world circuit so to speak the John Parris ultimates will always come out on top as the most popular, you often see Trevor whites sitting on eBay for a long while where the ultimate will go on bang sold.
        Can't argue with you on that point. But, Trevor does no advertising or promoting and doesn't even have a website. I wonder if the Ultimates were not numbered if they would be as popular and command such prices? Not looking for an argument, just conversing.
        The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
          Can't argue that point, but Trevor doesn't advertise or promote. He doesn't even have a website. I wonder how popular and pricey the Ultimates would be if they weren't numbered? Not looking for an argument, just conversing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
            Can't argue that point, but Trevor doesn't advertise or promote. He doesn't even have a website. I wonder how popular and pricey the Ultimates would be if they weren't numbered? Not looking for an argument, just conversing.
            Ultimate's originally weren't numbered and they were still expensive, this clipping from an advert (presumably in the late 80's to early 90's) shows the prices, they also did a stock cue with a joint through the splices as well. Not sure when he did start numbering the ultimate's but there were quite a few made with no number on the badge, one of which was Nigel Bond's old cue and was sold on here a few years back.

Comment

Does anyone have any personal info TW??

Is he young or old, when he started Cue making etc etc.

I know his Cues are on par with Parris quality wise but it is very hard to find information on him and i am curious as he is a great Cue maker.

I am 48.

Began making cues after repairing my own cue, and, being asked had I ever thought about making one. I took a look at a hand spliced cue and thought I'd give it a go, as it didn't appear too tricky. At the time i was recovering from a serious motorcycle accident and was out of my own job for a year and a half. That was 26 yeas ago. It soon became common knowledge locally that I was the person to take your cue to if in need of repair / alteration and grew from there. I made a few cues early on and gave them away, and then started being asked to make them for others, which I did, but charged people for the materials. Following on, I began to ask for a little more than just the material cost as it all got a bit much. It's gone on from there.

I don't feel there's anything clever about what I do, it's just an unusual way to earn money. As Wayne says, I do not advertsie or promote myself...anywhere. What reputation I have has happened to me rather than me looking to make it happen, it's all been a fairly organic process. I have become pretty good at it I guess, having learnt everything I know along the way. All has been self taught, much like some others who do the same thing.

There aren't any pictures of me about, simply because I see no need to send people images that I deal with. Those who know me personally will know what I look like. it's not pretty....haha.

Comment

What sort of bike Trev and did you ever ride again ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  What sort of bike Trev and did you ever ride again ??
                  I can't even remember what it was ZZR 750 Kawasaki, or maybe a ZXR 750. Too long ago.

I have only driven a friends V-Max since, and that was for about a mile only near where I live, just to see what it would feel like to get on two wheels again.

Comment

Where's Eamonn Andrews and his red book ???

Trevor White......this is your life

I need something to scare away the kids and burglars .......can you send me a pic of yourself please
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                      I am 48.

Began making cues after repairing my own cue, and, being asked had I ever thought about making one. I took a look at a hand spliced cue and thought I'd give it a go, as it didn't appear too tricky. At the time i was recovering from a serious motorcycle accident and was out of my own job for a year and a half. That was 26 yeas ago. It soon became common knowledge locally that I was the person to take your cue to if in need of repair / alteration and grew from there. I made a few cues early on and gave them away, and then started being asked to make them for others, which I did, but charged people for the materials. Following on, I began to ask for a little more than just the material cost as it all got a bit much. It's gone on from there.

I don't feel there's anything clever about what I do, it's just an unusual way to earn money. As Wayne says, I do not advertsie or promote myself...anywhere. What reputation I have has happened to me rather than me looking to make it happen, it's all been a fairly organic process. I have become pretty good at it I guess, having learnt everything I know along the way. All has been self taught, much like some others who do the same thing.

There aren't any pictures of me about, simply because I see no need to send people images that I deal with. Those who know me personally will know what I look like. it's not pretty....haha.
                      Thanks so much for that Trevor, keep up the great work and your Cues are stunning mate.
                      If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Where's Eamonn Andrews and his red book ???

Trevor White......this is your life

I need something to scare away the kids and burglars .......can you send me a pic of yourself please
                        Google image search finds this pic

Trevor%20white.jpg

Is that you?
                        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                          Google image search finds this pic

[ATTACH]17529[/ATTACH]

Is that you?
                          Looks like jesus

Comment

Nice post Trev, all the best companies don't have to advertise, word of mouth is the way to do it
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thanks so much for that Trevor, keep up the great work and your Cues are stunning mate.
                              Aye. x2 .

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                Nice post Trev, all the best companies don't have to advertise, word of mouth is the way to do it
                                Exactly.

If you are good at what you do and deliver a great product the word gets around pretty quick and there is no need to advertise yourself pulling your own chain with a " Look at me " type of attitude.

If you deliver an excellent product leave others/your customers to tell everyone how good you are not a newspaper/pamphlet etc which is exactly what TW does. Mike Wooldridge/ Crispian Jones / Andy Travis / Coutts and Jason Owen also fit into this same boat and the reviews from people who own these Cues speak for themselves.
                                If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Working...
                                X