No announcement yet.

The Legend has arrived!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't that specific, and I hesitate to send another email so shortly...

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
      I wasn't that specific, and I hesitate to send another email so shortly...
      Hahaha!!

I think i posted in my opening post what i asked for.
      If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

I bought my first cue from mile in '07 and a couple of years later I returned it for the blackspin ferrule to be fitted and it felt like a different cue when I got it back, everything mike said about the blackspin I found to be true for me too. my 2nd cue is a Legend I bought a couple of years ago and was I wanted a 10mm tip for playing pool here and I don't mind if the arrows or grain is not perfect as I don't notice them when I am playing.

I am so happy playing with it and I cannot see me buying another cue, but if I did it would be another MW.
        Last edited by Steve748; 9 November 2015, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Nice Steve.

MW does great work that is for sure and glad the Cue is working for you. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
            I bought my first cue from mile in '07 and a couple of years later I returned it for the blackspin ferrule to be fitted and it felt like a different cue when I got it back, everything mike said about the blackspin I found to be true for me too. my 2nd cue is a Legend I bought a couple of years ago and was I wanted a 10mm tip for playing pool here and I don't mind if the arrows or grain is not perfect as I don't notice them when I am playing.

I am so happy playing with it and I cannot see me buying another cue, but if I did it would be another MW.

Do you play 9 ball with it?

Always amazes me when i see snooker players use snooker cues for american pool. Not a chance I'd risk a high dollar tooth pick with those big, heavy rocks...

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
              Do you play 9 ball with it?

Always amazes me when i see snooker players use snooker cues for american pool. Not a chance I'd risk a high dollar tooth pick with those big, heavy rocks...
              I use my MW to play 8 Ball all the time at home ( as many friends are not Snooker players etc ) BUT i have got the Aramith 2 1/16 Set that is identical in size to my Aramith 1G Snooker Set and no way i would play with the full size American Pool balls that are huge!!

Not to mention my 9ft x 5 table is fully Snooker specified with 1 and 3/4 inch pocket openings so the Massive USA Pool balls would barely fit anyway! 79mm pocket openings leave little room for full size American pool balls and i am not surprised the American Pool tables have buckets for pockets!

Comment

Snooker balls are 52.5mm and the USA pool balls I am playing with are 57.15mm and that's about 5mm difference! The table I have at home has 4 1/2" pockets so go measure the pockets on your table and see how much bigger are they in relation to the balls?

This is an 8' table. all the bars we play league and APA have 7' tables.

The pockets are as tight or open as you like just with snooker tables.

I played snooker for 40+ years with a 10mm tip and I have had no problems or worries about using a MW cue with a 10mm tip here, Mikes cues are not fragile and going to break!

Comment

theres a table at my club with pockets like that! lol
                  #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Would you reccomend this cue mate i only play 8 ball pool. Looking for a decent cue. It does seem pricey. Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by Welshlod88 View Post
                      Would you reccomend this cue mate i only play 8 ball pool. Looking for a decent cue. It does seem pricey. Cheers
                      What level of 8-ball are you playing at? Pub, local, county, national, pro?

Comment

Only pub, county mate good standard though. Just seeing what peoples opinons are with the cue and price etc and isit worth purchasing.

Comment

Only pub, county mate good standard though. Just seeing what peoples opinons are with the cue and price etc and isit worth purchasing.
                          My own opinion is that you spend to the level you're at. I wouldn't spend a grand on a JPU (even though I sold one) because it won't make a jot of difference and besides, there are better cues out there anyway. For a new cue: I think up to county level, spend like £200. Beyond County, maybe a custom to your specs is worthwhile. I would equate the same to snooker if folk are hitting 70+ breaks. For pool, I use an old Powerglide snooker cue shaved down from 11mm to 8.9mm. It's ash and rosewood. It does me better than anything I could buy for £500+. I got this used with a case I was after so the cue was free, so I was very lucky. It does a great job because of the special nature of the air-dried ash shaft. But the most important thing is to be able to try a cue because no cue from the same cue maker is the same as another, even identical spec. Buying a cue online is no different in some ways to buying a cue off ebay and custom cues can be like that too, you just don't know how they will play. So if you can try some cues from friends or make it to a cue shop, that's the way fwd. I think Cue Craft make some really nice pool cues, that includes their 55" shorter butts and they'll make a pool cue to your specs for £160! They do more options for English-8 than any cue maker I can think of. That's where I'd go for a cue for local league and county. I'm not saying don't buy a MW, Parris, Ton Praram, Maximus, TW, they're different products and it's your hard earned. If you want a really special cue regardless of ability (cuz you love great cues) and you've got the dosh, then the top cue makers like Stamford are good options. That's just me, I don't spend £500 on putters either, I'm after quality and value. But if Powerglide could make me a custom 80s cue, I'd pay them 2k. Unfortunately, they can't because those materials don't exist anymore. Don't forget ebay either, there are some great cues on there at bargain prices.

So I'm not saying yes or no, it depends! If I was to buy a custom cue made from basic ash (that's all they use now) I'd go to Ton Praram. He's making the best cues possible to exact spec, at bargain prices, half or less of what some cue makers are charging. Glover is very good too and TW, MW, CJ, they'll make you a good cue too. The best cue is the best cue that suits you whether it's fifty quid or 900. Not easy, so keep your eyes open to everything and if you can, try the cues out. Good luck in your search.

Comment

I would recommend MW for ANYTHING!

This Cue is awesome and you get what you pay for. I am no professional high level player ( 20 average break with a high of 68 ) but i must admit i am a cue lover and collector.

We are all different though on opinions and this is fine. I own a few Cues from JP Traditional , Authentic Omin , Phoenix , Andy Travis etc etc but my legend is the best of the lot with less throw than the others and greater Cue Ball control after playing stacks of frames with every one of them.

I have an order in the works for another MW 08 VCM Model Cue and am going slightly smaller on the Tip at 9.25mm instead of 9.5mm as i like the smaller ones better now and i get on with them well.

Each to their own though but Mike Wooldridge makes a fantastic Cue so do not be worried about maybe getting a dud or dead Cue from him.

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
                              Snooker balls are 52.5mm and the USA pool balls I am playing with are 57.15mm and that's about 5mm difference! The table I have at home has 4 1/2" pockets so go measure the pockets on your table and see how much bigger are they in relation to the balls?

This is an 8' table. all the bars we play league and APA have 7' tables.

The pockets are as tight or open as you like just with snooker tables.

I played snooker for 40+ years with a 10mm tip and I have had no problems or worries about using a MW cue with a 10mm tip here, Mikes cues are not fragile and going to break!
                              Just saw this now and those pockets are massive!

Here are mine with 1G Balls on my 9 x 4.6 home table........

Middle pockets are a nightmare with no leeway for error especially if you play at pace.

Comment

Friend of mine had this happen in a tournament. Said the balls were stuck solid,
                                so no matter how hard you hit the White into them, it just bounced off.

They ended up re-racking the frame. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X