Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review MAC CUE Laminated Shaft ( maple )...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
    Stop tempting Stephen his dad Pat will be most upset.
    lol - he is a big boy now andy!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      lol - he is a big boy now andy!
      Ah but dad is still the boss, that's why I got his cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
        Ah but dad is still the boss, that's why I got his cues.
        he could do with sticking to one cue.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Not my fault Andy, see John Rea about it.
          "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            he could do with sticking to one cue.
            That is very much the plan.

Comment

Just get mine ready
              Glasgow pool league 2nd division winners 2012
              Rosebowl cup winners 2012
              Glasgow league cup runners up 2012
              Uddingston league runners up 2012
              Alastair tetsil memorial cup winners 2012

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                I've just made another one of these for former pro John Rea.
                He loves it. Stephen Maguire has also tried it out and loved it and is very tempted in getting one. Watch this space.
                Warning: Avalanche!

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                  Not my fault Andy, see John Rea about it.
                  All this Scottish legends talking together ,,, I guess we should just listen, hopefully we learn something !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Defy View Post
                    Just get mine ready
                    Do'nt forget to upload a few photo's !!! If u have time !!! Thanks !!

Comment

Originally Posted by strobbekoen View Post
                      Well, that's not my experience.
                      The density of various woods used in cue making differs little. Within a certain type of wood it's choosing those pieces with the right amount of flex/spring that makes a good shaft. stiff + dense = a dead shaft, assuming you would use a denser material for the main wood of the shaft. Laminated shafts are not denser, and the way they are made cuemakers can design the right amount of flex into them. The taper of a cue also has a big impact on how it feels and generates spin. I have quite a collection of cues and the cue that has the best feel and generates spin with the least effort is my old Wooldridge cue which has a slim taper and a medium stiff shaft.
                      not much difference between maple and ash !!! Maple demands a good timeing and fluent cueing !!! if you're a player who hits The CB very hard !!! stay away from maple !! Not much difference between this two Woods !!! If u ask Richy , I'm pretty sure u get The same answer !!! Play with something that suits ur game !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                        The black lamination lines and the ebony butt are very smart looking.

I read yesterday that Meucci are making shafts with 39 laminations! They reckon it has more forward balance (as you've said about your cue). They say that 39 laminations leads to radial consistency equal to natural maple. I wondered if any snooker cue makers were using such materials in their cues?

Is there any risk of delamination of the shaft over time please? I clean my shaft with a damp rag, so I'm wondering about the glue between the laminations.
                        If you look up the Jacoby Edge Hybrid they have like 120 pieces in the shaft. One of my favorite LD shafts.
                        “Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.” Mr. Blaise Pascal

Comment

I'm wondering why these cues are more expensive than hand selected ash or maple? Ok, so they have to cut the make into sheets bit that also means they will waste less, that's the whole point of plywood. So why does a Peradon Newbury cost £100 more than it would with an ash shaft? Someone told me that a custom can cost more than aParris Ultimate which is faster to already. Are cue makes creaming new technology of first adopters?

Comment

Labour intensive obviously

Comment

How can it be labour intensity if cue makers are buying sheets or blanks ready made? Peradon are using machines! Ok, so rolling up isn't free, and any extra cost goes through the usual retail multiplier but I'm still wondering why a custom LM costs more than a HAND planed ultimate, which is already double what it should retail for. If it costs £400 to make an ash custom I'm thinking that a custom LM should be about £500 if Omin after selling LM shafts for £100?

Comment

Review MAC CUE Laminated Shaft ( maple )...

they aint selling laminate shafts for 100 its a 100 extra

Comment

Working...
                                X