No announcement yet.

2nd attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good looking cue. Look forward to see your third attempt. Any design in mind?

Comment

Originally Posted by jykl2119 View Post
      Good looking cue. Look forward to see your third attempt. Any design in mind?

Thanks guys

Il stick with rosewood just now as it's cheap and looks good . I've got some padauk, Zebrano ,lacewood and PH so it'll be rosewood with one of them with maple veneer

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        Lol......do you want to read your post back Stevie!!!

For some reason that made me laugh
        Just read it Neil
        Am not real sometimes lol glad you had a laugh mate
        Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
          Thanks guys

Il stick with rosewood just now as it's cheap and looks good . I've got some padauk, Zebrano ,lacewood and PH so it'll be rosewood with one of them with maple veneer
          I agree Catch, you can get some really nice rosewood.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            I agree Catch, you can get some really nice rosewood.

The rosewood on that cue was very nice . It had a purple colour through it and was very dark . The purple colour was lost when oil was applied but still nice . My first attempt was made with rosewood from the same supplier and was much lighter and not as nice

Comment

My latest attempt .

Happy with this one as its for a friend and it'll be the first cue that will be used by somebody other than myself .

Picture makes it look like the flat where the badge is doesn't line up with the splice ....it does line up and they line up with the last 3 arrows on the shaft

Last edited by Catch 22; 30 April 2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

That looks excellent . Really like the arrows on the shaft .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Yes looks good work you should be proud
                  Current playing cue Trevor White
                  3/4 ash cue

Comment

Cracking looking cue Catch, love the broad arrows, what's the side grain like broad as well?
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Very nice looing cue, great work buddy.

Comment

Well done catch 22. Looks like a nice cue and finish. Keep it up mate.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

GOOD JOB! :snooker:
                          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                          National Snooker Expo
                          25-27 October 2019
                          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Great looking cue big guy..this on and tbh the pics dont do it justice. I had a few shots with it lastnight and plays well and the finish on this cue is very good. Considering this is only your second cue then i like many others look forward too seeing the others that are too follow.
                            Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Cracking looking cue Catch, love the broad arrows, what's the side grain like broad as well?
                              Yeah side grain is spaced out like the arrows. Nice shaft . I got lucky with it .

I finished a cue a month ago that had a wonderful shaft and I messed up the cue lol . Gutted . The shaft was lovely .

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                                That looks excellent . Really like the arrows on the shaft .

Thanks . The shaft is luck of the draw . I don't have anywhere here to look out boards of ash etc .
                                I had got a few ash dowels 30mm X 30mm that I took down and a couple had really nice arrows . The rest look a bit "meh"
                                Il just take what I can get and no be too fussy .

I got hold of a few pre turned shafts but they weren't any better TBH . Grain pattern nothing great so no gain really . Except less work .

Comment

Working...
                                X