Parris cues visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really think that?

Of course a pro player that has been using a cue maker for many years is going to come first if they need a cue and or repair to something they earn their living from..

It's silly to think otherwise imo.. I'm sure most people understand that.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
      You really think that?

Of course a pro player that has been using a cue maker for many years is going to come first if they need a cue and or repair to something they earn their living from..

It's silly to think otherwise imo.. I'm sure most people understand that.
      It has to work like that, they need it for their job, I think that's fair.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Of course..

And why free cues are mentioned all the time beats me. So what if he does or doesn't charge a player. it's nobodies business what John wants to or not want to do...

Comment

What amazes me is that anybody cares how long somebody else will wait or pay for their cue!?! If it's not your money or time to wait it is really no concern of yours. Contractually I would only pay a deposit for a cue with such a wait time on the proviso that, should a maximum wait be exceeded, I could have my deposit refunded and walk away. The cue maker, therefore, has a vested interested in servicing the needs of the customer delivering the cue to specification in a timely fashion. If you will order a cue without a written guarantee of maximum wait and the deposit paid by credit card, more fool you.

Fair play to JP having his volume, reputation and longevity. I've only ever used 1 cue of his I liked but that's my personal taste. However, I wouldn't come on here to bash him or his cues. How he runs his business is between him and his customers. Choosing to publicly slate him for whatever reason pushes people to try him/his cues for themselves. I wouldn't expect customer psychology like this to be understood by those who wish to bash at every opportunity whether it's warranted or not.

Comment

Originally Posted by GasMonkey View Post
            What amazes me is that anybody cares how long somebody else will wait or pay for their cue!?! If it's not your money or time to wait it is really no concern of yours. Contractually I would only pay a deposit for a cue with such a wait time on the proviso that, should a maximum wait be exceeded, I could have my deposit refunded and walk away. The cue maker, therefore, has a vested interested in servicing the needs of the customer delivering the cue to specification in a timely fashion. If you will order a cue without a written guarantee of maximum wait and the deposit paid by credit card, more fool you.

Fair play to JP having his volume, reputation and longevity. I've only ever used 1 cue of his I liked but that's my personal taste. However, I wouldn't come on here to bash him or his cues. How he runs his business is between him and his customers. Choosing to publicly slate him for whatever reason pushes people to try him/his cues for themselves. I wouldn't expect customer psychology like this to be understood by those who wish to bash at every opportunity whether it's warranted or not.
            If I decided I wanted to buy one of his cues then I would like to know if someone had previously waited five years as it would put me off for sure so I don't see the problem, it's a snooker forum
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
              If I decided I wanted to buy one of his cues then I would like to know if someone had previously waited five years as it would put me off for sure so I don't see the problem, it's a snooker forum
              Customer's benefit vs Manufacturers's policy .........

Comment

Well it's up to him what he does with his business of course and I wish him all the best - he is a nice guy and lots of pro players use his cues and lots of people buy his cues so the marketing strategy of giving them to pro players works and they do use them because of the quality also.

If however you come on a forum and say ultimate cues are delivered on a first come first serve basis and they are not then I have I right to say so - my friend and your friend minnisota slim - Martin has been waiting 4 years for a cue he was quoted two years for. I don't think that's right - he has had other cues from John like many of us on here including me he is a good customer as are many others on here and I think the waiting times now are a bit much. Probably made worse now there are so many pro players to keep happy.

I stand by my comment - I am not being nasty I have owned some great Parris cues and I like the fella but I speak my mind.

4-5 years waiting time for a cue in my honest opinion is a joke!

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                  Well it's up to him what he does with his business of course and I wish him all the best - he is a nice guy and lots of pro players use his cues and lots of people buy his cues so the marketing strategy of giving them to pro players works and they do use them because of the quality also.

If however you come on a forum and say ultimate cues are delivered on a first come first serve basis and they are not then I have I right to say so - my friend and your friend minnisota slim - Martin has been waiting 4 years for a cue he was quoted two years for. I don't think that's right - he has had other cues from John like many of us on here including me he is a good customer as are many others on here and I think the waiting times now are a bit much. Probably made worse now there are so many pro players to keep happy.

I stand by my comment - I am not being nasty I have owned some great Parris cues and I like the fella but I speak my mind.

4-5 years waiting time for a cue in my honest opinion is a joke!
                  Damn right, one of the principle reasons for the existence of forums like these is to hold manufacturers, suppliers and sellers to account! If they provide the goods and service the customer paid for they have nothing to fear; they will be bigged up and get more trade in fact. If they make the customer wait 5yrs when they promised a max of 2yrs, they should get a balling on here, if nothing else, to ward others of the danger. If they don't want to be criticised on forums, guess what, don't take the michael out of the customers. That's the power of social media; if we'd only had it in the 70s and 80s!
                  Last edited by Big Splash!; 8 July 2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Let's face it, 5 years is a joke. Mike Wooldridge, who's making as good cues as Parris, if not better, just stopped taking orders when he was under the water, just to give himself time to recover and honor his orders. Parris shoud just do the same.
                    Mike can provide you with a Legend in a couple weeks time when Parris makes you wait an entire geological era.....
                    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I think if he wanted to make and send out cues in a timely fashion he could after all its not rocket science, i think his waits add to the illusion of exclusivity and thats what makes him money.

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                        I think if he wanted to make and send out cues in a timely fashion he could after all its not rocket science, i think his waits add to the illusion of exclusivity and thats what makes him money.
                        I cannot believe that. I don't know anyone that would order with these type of waiting times, illusions and exclusivity are certainly not things that would tempt anyone to spend the money or wait that length of time for a humble snooker cue.

The simple fact is he has obviously been hit by thousands of orders from China and agents and like it or not, you do need the best quality ash you can get to make the ultimate models with. He's not a huge cue maker like the set ups you see in Thailand where they literally buy thousands of boards in and can select the right board for each grade of cue.

JP is just going to a local timber yard and struggles to get the quality he needs, especially when people have very specific grain requests not to mention the density of the wood needs to be right.

I agree though he should have prioritised the orders based on when they were placed and not on bulk orders which is the main reason for the long waiting times and why some of us have our orders constantly pushed back each year.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                          I cannot believe that. I don't know anyone that would order with these type of waiting times, illusions and exclusivity are certainly not things that would tempt anyone to spend the money or wait that length of time for a humble snooker cue.

The simple fact is he has obviously been hit by thousands of orders from China and agents and like it or not, you do need the best quality ash you can get to make the ultimate models with. He's not a huge cue maker like the set ups you see in Thailand where they literally buy thousands of boards in and can select the right board for each grade of cue.

JP is just going to a local timber yard and struggles to get the quality he needs, especially when people have very specific grain requests not to mention the density of the wood needs to be right.

I agree though he should have prioritised the orders based on when they were placed and not on bulk orders which is the main reason for the long waiting times and why some of us have our orders constantly pushed back each year.
                          Check post number 23 on this thread, John Parris is a member on here and came on to say about orders.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                            Check post number 23 on this thread, John Parris is a member on here and came on to say about orders.
                            He's not going to admit it but come on, anyone with any sense can work out that is what has happened!

If he could explain why when I placed my order in September 2012 the waiting time was 40-50 weeks. How can they be so wrong that I'm still waiting nearly 4 years on with the reality its likely to be nearer 5 on current projections? I'd really like to hear the excuse for this. Either he is deliberately misleading customers or is lying about taking bulk orders elsewhere.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                              He's not going to admit it but come on, anyone with any sense can work out that is what has happened!

If he could explain why when I placed my order in September 2012 the waiting time was 40-50 weeks. How can they be so wrong that I'm still waiting nearly 4 years on with the reality its likely to be nearer 5 on current projections? I'd really like to hear the excuse for this. Either he is deliberately misleading customers or is lying about taking bulk orders elsewhere.
                              Apologies cueman, if you placed an order and have been waiting that long I have considerable sympathy for you. I was going to go down this route myself and didn't fancy the 3 year wait when I phoned Parris 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally Posted by john parris View Post
                                No one jumps the queue just a lot of Ultimate orders that are made on fist come basis. It's mainly one off orders from all over the world not big orders. A big order for us is 10 cues don't know where you think a hundred could come from.
                                It's always been hard getting good people but we haven't had any leave so I don't know what that was about.
                                And it was probably 4 years and only for 1pc ultimate's, all the others are quicker.
                                40 week wait for an off the shelf traditional? hardly great waiting times is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X