Parris cues visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parris cues visit

Just went to take a look at the cues on the rack and started chatting to a guy having his cue re-tipped, He was saying, his mate had ordered a Ronnie Replica Ultimate, and it has taken 5 years so far. Ironically about 20 mins later his mate turned up, as he had received an email to say it was ready.
    Now I know its a bit of money to purchase an Ultimate and Don't want to do down the reputation of a good cue maker, but really, 5 years.

But talking to the guy manning the shop he did say they had been pushed further and further behind, making cues for China. As well as re-tipping and refinishing cues for people, which I would expect to be part of their service, to be honest, and in their defence, he did say that they are finding it hard to get people to replace people who leave..... this I understand. It is just a shame its got this far....

All in all a good visit though and I tried a couple of cues out from their Unique range, one off cues that are just for the shop...... I just might invest at some point...

Dave

5 years ! Ouch !
    Did you get to see it ?

Comment

Yes, I saw the cue, really nice looking cue, good close grain on the shaft, but the guy did go pretty quickly once he had paid his dues on it...

Comment

I don't want to put JP down either but I don't understand the explanation of why five years. If you order a cue and the waiting time is a year, it doesn't matter if they then get an order for a hundred or a thousand cues to China, they will be behind your order so that still makes your waiting time a year. Unless he's just pushing your order further and further down the line and letting others jump the queue, how else would your waiting time get up to five years? Surely that can't be the case.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Madbox View Post
          Yes, I saw the cue, really nice looking cue, good close grain on the shaft, but the guy did go pretty quickly once he had paid his dues on it...
          Was he running off to take pics and put it on ebay ?

Comment

Funny, he did say something about eBay......lol

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              I don't want to put JP down either but I don't understand the explanation of why five years. If you order a cue and the waiting time is a year, it doesn't matter if they then get an order for a hundred or a thousand cues to China, they will be behind your order so that still makes your waiting time a year. Unless he's just pushing your order further and further down the line and letting others jump the queue, how else would your waiting time get up to five years? Surely that can't be the case.
              I would of course hope that this would not be the case, but it does seem that way.....
              Last edited by Madbox; 3 July 2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

5 years? Everyone wants a cue from the best! And still people place orders. :biggrin-new: I wonder how many people die/move on and never get to complete their deposit order? I guess the cue will then be 'reused' for another order?

Imagine if it was John Parris Coffins ltd. The morgue would be packed. lol
                Last edited by Big Splash!; 3 July 2016, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                  5 years? Everyone wants a cue from the best! And still people place orders. :biggrin-new: I wonder how many people die/move on and never get to complete their deposit order? I guess the cue will then be 'reused' for another order?

Imagine if it was John Parris Coffins ltd. The morgue would be packed. lol
                  Maybe there's a question for him; how many orders don't get realised so people lose their deposit?
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

As I said I don't want to put him or the company down, I would really like them to sort the issue more than anything. Obviously I have put this up on here, just as an observation, I think it was more of a surprise for me to be told this, so the last thing want is this thread becoming a place to bash John Parris, the guys there make exceptional cues, they just need to sort the system they use and prioritise in the order that they come in at, that should keep people happy, although I did say they are finding it difficult to get good cratsmen to make cues for them.....

Comment

Five years lol, them men in white coats must be rushed off their feet with all the loons about
                      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

end of this month will be 4 years for me, just another year to go then

Comment

Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
                          end of this month will be 4 years for me, just another year to go then
                          Can you even remember what you ordered ??

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                            Five years lol, them men in white coats must be rushed off their feet with all the loons about
                            I don't think that is normal - I have known John a long time and he does not like the wait to be too long. that said I have been waiting for cues from trevor white for my own collection since 2007 !!!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              Can you even remember what you ordered ??
                              Was about to ask the very same question!
                              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                              X