No announcement yet.

Trevor white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just meant he obviously has too much work for a cue to take 2 yrs (ok a flaw in the cue may have been found or something and had to restart but i doubt it). Saying that it wont do him a favour in the long run if everyone cancels their orders.

Comment

Yeah parris is just as bad, i sent a cue for a new tip and a front splice once and it took 6 1/2 months ! Never again

Unless the very highest brands keep it small in their business they will be overun with orders (hype), best if you want one of these, white, parris etc is to buy secondhand, ok might be used and not exact spec but it was still made by that maker.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
        Crikey guys, get a refund, see Stu and treat yourselves to a Maximus Urinate or TP3. Just as good, half the money, little wait, good service and you'll get comms. No brainer.
        Don't think I want one of those! Wet and smelly

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

If i was realy wanting a brand new cue i dont think i coud wate eny more than 6months so am.sure its all down to the individual person to decide.but yes even if trever could get some one even to update his customers by email at least on a weekly basis as a woud think if trever paid deposit for his wood and tools ect and he was told a rough time on delivery and no show or reply he woud be same as most folk
          Current playing cue Trevor White
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by alexw147 View Post
            Yeah parris is just as bad, i sent a cue for a new tip and a front splice once and it took 6 1/2 months ! Never again

Unless the very highest brands keep it small in their business they will be overun with orders (hype), best if you want one of these, white, parris etc is to buy secondhand, ok might be used and not exact spec but it was still made by that maker.

Parris has actually stopped taking in other brands of cues for repairs or alterations, they're supposedly so swamped with orders other brands of cues will be refused for anything more than a new tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by santaana View Post
              Ordered a cue from Trevor White 2 years ago. Should have been finished 1 year ago. Not heard anything for 8 or 9 months. Does not respond to mails.
              Does anyone know if he still making cues?
              I think this is a shocking service.

It really doesn't take long in this day and age to send a generic email to all customers informing them of a delay in their cue order.

That is all it seems that people, sorry, customers are asking for, an update, communication etc.

Not rocket science, common courtesy!

I admire alot of the patience shown, I wouldn't be that patient. I hope it is worth the wait.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                Parris has actually stopped taking in other brands of cues for repairs or alterations, they're supposedly so swamped with orders other brands of cues will be refused for anything more than a new tip.
                So do you think that every person in parris work shop al were trained up by john or were some allready good with the wood making skils to start with and made progres as time past ?
                Because its a pitty that john and these cue makers dont train more staf up or give young people jobs in this industry so that keeps the wheels turning
                Current playing cue Trevor White
                3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  Agree with that. Took a JP and a Glover in to JP's workshop recently and he would only work on the JP.

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                    Steady on m8. You don't know Trevor. [speaking as I find] Trevor is someone who just gets on with the job. Works hard at building the cues he does and sometimes gets carried away and does not have the time to respond to every single email that comes his way. ( unlike you eh Splash? Always posting on here, 3-4am WTF ).

Trevor is a highly respected cue maker around these parts. No need for name calling!
                    hahahaha, you've proved my point. In the time it took you to write that response, TW could have sent a generic email to his customers. How long did it take you to write your response, 18mths?!

If he was decent, he would have already apologised to his poor customers for showing them no respect!

Skinny shafted, skinny butted clunk cues with brass hammer joints and no feel IME. Expensive junk, but well made and finished. There are stacks of cue makers who make better I could mention but don't have time to list them all. I'd rather play with a £100 Cue Craft.
                    Last edited by Big Splash!; 2 January 2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                      So do you think that every person in parris work shop al were trained up by john or were some allready good with the wood making skils to start with and made progres as time past ?
                      Because its a pitty that john and these cue makers dont train more staf up or give young people jobs in this industry so that keeps the wheels turning
                      Says on their site some of them were wood workers and french polishers before being cuemakers.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Don't think I want one of those! Wet and smelly

perfect choice for players who prefer an Whippy shaft.:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                          If you are running a business these days communication is one of the most important aspects. The fact he is ignoring e-mails is just not good enough, and if he has changed, surely he owes it to customers who have got orders with him, to tell them of the change.

I would suggest getting his number off ADR, he's bound to have it. At least being able to speak to him over the phone can put your mind at ease. Hopefully he's not packed up and decided to ignore his customers who've paid a deposit.
                          This may not be such a bad idea imo.
                          Andrew knows him so he may be able to contact him on behalf of membrs .

just my 2cts.

Comment

Trev has never been any different and he never will be. You either order one and wait patiently or don't bother. Everyone knows he is terrible at comms. I know it's not ideal but that's just the way it is. It's not the same as Parris because JP is a shameless self-publicist who never touches a cue and has staff.

Comment

Originally Posted by Davebarker1978 View Post
                              Agree with that. Took a JP and a Glover in to JP's workshop recently and he would only work on the JP.
                              Its about time they done something, their waiting list for cues has got totally ridiculous. 4 years for a 1 piece ultimate is looney tunes territory, you could be dead and buried dozens of times over before work even started on it. Even basic things like getting a cue refinished can take well over a month. Collection cues can also take a long time to get even though they're basically "off the rack" stock cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                                ....Skinny shafted, skinny butted clunk cues ...
                                Why the fook are you talking sh1te again ???
                                I have had several Trev cues they are no different to any other maker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X