Trevor white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Why the fook are you talking sh1te again ???
    I have had several Trev cues they are no different to any other maker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats about his second or third edit to that post just to put in his standard dramatic rhetoric that holds zero water.

Comment

I have had several Trev cues they are no different to any other maker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      You've had several Trev cues, you must be a ripe old age then judging by the length of time you wait for one.....
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Aye I'm a grumpy old codger
        Only waited for one really, others bought were ready made one's

Comment

To the couple of people who have said I should just ask for my money back. I have done exactly that but had no response so it isn't that simple.

I am not too bothered, I will just pay for the cue when I eventually get it and then flip it on here for close to what I paid hopefully, save someone the wait.

Comment

There should be a "Whats the latest with Trevor?" sticky thread as this baby comes up every month or so. I'm in the same boat, ordered 2 years ago, last communication was last January to say it would be ready Feb or March at the latest, cunningly he never mentioned which year and I made the mistake of presuming it was the last one. I send him an email every 6 months or so, just for the fun of it really as he never replies. I understand being self employed can be difficult and we have other important things in life but the lack of communication gets frustrating to say the least.

Comment

There are so many other makers not called Trevor White or John Parris, but then again they don't have magic hands A cue is only as good as the person holding it, having a JP or TW cue made to your specs will be the same as the one you already have that's already your specs, the one you've had for years, the one you can't make a 50 break with.
              That's why there are so many JP and TW used cues for sale, they didn't change a single thing about anyones game. It's a fallacy that the pros play as well as they do because they use JP, TW, Stamford, Osborne cues, they play as well as they do because they're bloody good.

To all those who send a cue to Parris for a tip, if you can't glue a piece of leather on to the end of a pointy stick then what sort of idiot are you, stop wasting their time so they can get on with the important stuff.
              And stop starting "I'm looking for a cue" threads, you'll get the same old answers, just go to a cue shop or log on to the internet, buy one and play.
              If you're crap it won't be the cue that's at fault.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                There are so many other makers not called Trevor White or John Parris, but then again they don't have magic hands A cue is only as good as the person holding it, having a JP or TW cue made to your specs will be the same as the one you already have that's already your specs, the one you've had for years, the one you can't make a 50 break with.
                That's why there are so many JP and TW used cues for sale, they didn't change a single thing about anyones game. It's a fallacy that the pros play as well as they do because they use JP, TW, Stamford, Osborne cues, they play as well as they do because they're bloody good.

To all those who send a cue to Parris for a tip, if you can't glue a piece of leather on to the end of a pointy stick then what sort of idiot are you, stop wasting their time so they can get on with the important stuff.
                And stop starting "I'm looking for a cue" threads, you'll get the same old answers, just go to a cue shop or log on to the internet, buy one and play.
                Yes i do agree with you to some degree about all the tw cues or parris cues wount make you a beter player only hard work does that and i think most of us coud do a tip and even if they have a old rack cue to try it and find out in enything u do the more yoy will get beter.but for me when i chise a cue that a cant get past a 45 break its all about having a nice well made cue and yes there are lots as said but i like most folk on here work hard and want a nice cue from the most popular and established cue makers.will it improve my game no do i want it yes and thats the way society dictates
                Current playing cue Trevor White
                3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post

I don't send my cue to Parris , i walk into the shop .

I can do tips.......but that was many years ago , but never re-tipped my own cue . Not very good at DIY ! , and don't feel overly confident at doing it now . Hence the reason i take it to Parris.
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Of course they are good cues, does trevor have a few staff at least ? TBH i would have got a refund before the 2 yrs just not worth the day to day expectation causes too much stress. By the time you have thought about it for 2 yrs takes the shine off of getting the thing

Comment

Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                      There should be a "Whats the latest with Trevor?" sticky thread as this baby comes up every month or so. I'm in the same boat, ordered 2 years ago, last communication was last January to say it would be ready Feb or March at the latest, cunningly he never mentioned which year and I made the mistake of presuming it was the last one. I send him an email every 6 months or so, just for the fun of it really as he never replies. I understand being self employed can be difficult and we have other important things in life but the lack of communication gets frustrating to say the least.
                      Well thats not right...having one of your customers sending "hopeful" emails not even expecting a reply. bit disrespectful

Comment

I've been waiting 18th months , not an issue as i was the last to get in when he closed his order book and he said it will be a longer wait than usual .

Not tried to contact him , it will come when it comes . Plus i'm skint at the moment ......so don't mind waiting a bit longer !

I've bought it for my 2nd son [ who just turned 2 ! ] , my 1st son will have my current TW cue . Gives me an excuse to buy another cue

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                          I've been waiting 18th months , not an issue as i was the last to get in when he closed his order book and he said it will be a longer wait than usual .

Not tried to contact him , it will come when it comes . Plus i'm skint at the moment ......so don't mind waiting a bit longer !

I've bought it for my 2nd son [ who just turned 2 ! ] , my 1st son will have my current TW cue . Gives me an excuse to buy another cue
                          Haha neil a like the way you are thinking
                          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Well that was the excuse to the Mrs !

Hopefully it will be a player , can't see it being as good as my current cue . But you never know .

Comment

Am sure you will love it what did you order as in plain ash or what ? I have been oferd a few of his cues on my post but i find his cues are all dark splicing and stuff all am after is a ash 1pice with a front splice and a vanere so if eny one has pics of there cues coud yoys post pics
                              3/4 ash cue

Comment

Trevor has a reputation for making great quality cues that's why we all ordered, and yes I know the cue won't make me a fantastic player, no more than top of the range golf clubs wont make me play like Rory McIlroy or the best football boots wont transform me into Messi. It's just a bit frustrating when you don't know whats happening for such a long time, the email to say its ready could come tomorrow, next month, next year, or longer, I really have no idea. You just wonder if he's lost your order specs or your contact details, if it's part made or if he hasn't started making it yet? Ah well they say good things come to those who wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X