Robert Osborne Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
    Yeah, when I spoke with Robert he completely changed my mind when it comes to purchasing a cue.

He believes it's better to try cues and find ones you like rather than putting in a custom order.

I mean take Ronnie for example. I'm sure JP doesn't make him one cue and send him on his way. He makes multiple cues and Ronnie finds the one he wants and sends the rest back. Or sends them all back I'd assume if he doesn't like any.

Why risk putting in a custom order only to receive it and then conclude that it isn't for you.

I think I'll definitely take the approach of try before you buy if I decide to go for another cue in the future.
    Well, As far as i know Robert made 4 cues for ROS years ago. so he can choose one of them.
    As for his JP cue, i do'nt know what kind of deal he had with JP.
    The point is, Robert is right.
    The best way to buy a cue is, try it before you buy it.
    Let's face it, a JPU is not cheap. If i have that kind of money and I'd rather play with a JPU, than i would just pay 2/3 hundred extra to sumone i can trust, go to view the cue and try it. This gonna save me lots of trouble. :snooker:

anyway , I'm gonna take off . on my way to work .

Good night !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
      The question is are they all hand made by Robert or part made ?
      Going by his website he makes them all himself, if they were thai made it would be odd to sent them mostly made to the uk, only to have him stick a badge on them and send them back to asia.

Comment

The question is are they all hand made by Robert or part made ?
        I mentioned Thai import part made shafts. Spoke about Will Hunt finishing cues from Thailand to which Robert said though that may be the case, they may still be cracking cues.

He simply said to me, as you can see we still make all our cues in the workshop otherwise we wouldn't need one so that's open to interpretation as you see fit.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Wouldn't mind trying one of his cues out but the finish on one that was posted a while back on here looked a bit odd, looked very dull and lacking shine. http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...414#post823414

Comment

I mentioned Thai import part made shafts. Spoke about Will Hunt finishing cues from Thailand to which Robert said though that may be the case, they may still be cracking cues.

He simply said to me, as you can see we still make all our cues in the workshop otherwise we wouldn't need one so that's open to interpretation as you see fit.

I hope this helps.
            Thanks mate
            Current playing cue Trevor White
            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
              Going by his website he makes them all himself, if they were thai made it would be odd to sent them mostly made to the uk, only to have him stick a badge on them and send them back to asia.
              Works for Will Hunt

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Works for Will Hunt
                Difference is Osborne seems to have a functioning workshop and supply of timbers, and a gallery of cue production, if you look at Will Hunts page it doesn't show much more than him re-tipping cues. Some of the pics on his site are of cue's from the Hunt & O'Byrne days.

Comment

As promised. I hope I done this correctly.

Exquisite cue - Plain Ebony 1 piece
                  Robert Osborne - Ebony, Lemon wood, Blood wood 1 piece

Comment

Nice cues
                    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Who's Exquisite cues again? That's a lovey maple cue.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Robert Osborne Cues

Raymond Cohen
                        used to be on TSF a lot as Raymo something

He used to help Robert Osborne at his London workshop some years ago.
                        Last edited by DeanH; 11 February 2017, 09:52 PM.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          Higgins plays with a black plate exquisite cue by Raymond used to be in Glasgow but moved to Ayr now am sure
                          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            Raymond Cohen
                            used to be on TSF a lot as Raymo something

He used to help Robert Osborne at his London workshop some years ago.
                            Higgins plays with a black plate exquisite cue by Raymond used to be in Glasgow but moved to Ayr now am sure
                            Oh ffs I knew that, well apart from the moving bit thanks both.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Yeah the exquisite cue is a fantastic hitter. Will have a go with the Osborne tonight

Comment

Yeah the exquisite cue is a fantastic hitter. Will have a go with the Osborne tonight
                                masterpiece . Realy nice.

Any chance for spcs of that one ?

Comment

Working...
                                X