No announcement yet.

Robert Osborne Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking 3/4 green-plate on ebay at the minute. Just wish he would list some of these on his site, it's obvious he has a few in stock but can't be bothered to put them online =/

A lot of the things on his website make me scratch my head, they apparently can't receive cues from overseas for some reason, yet they can take cues sent by courier from the UK. And cues MUST be collected from his workshop, they can't send them out...yet he sends out batches overseas a few times a year?

All a bit contradictory to say the least.
    Last edited by narl; 21 April 2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

during our chat when I visited, his reasons were purely for his own convenience. Just like stopping orders and doing custom cues. The custom cues, outrageous customer requests regarding arrows etc were driving him mad and in reality making him no more money than making what he wants and shifting them along. He sells the cues for the same price whether to workshop visitors or dealers. He doesn't make any more or less per cue depending on who he sells to and the quantity.

Obviously from a convenience point of view it's far easier to send batches rather than individual cues for mail order customers.

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
        during our chat when I visited, his reasons were purely for his own convenience. Just like stopping orders and doing custom cues. The custom cues, outrageous customer requests regarding arrows etc were driving him mad and in reality making him no more money than making what he wants and shifting them along. He sells the cues for the same price whether to workshop visitors or dealers. He doesn't make any more or less per cue depending on who he sells to and the quantity.

Obviously from a convenience point of view it's far easier to send batches rather than individual cues for mail order customers.
        True i suppose but it just seems to be hard to get one of his cues unless you happen to be in London and he happens to have any in stock. I don't get why a couple of years back he had a few listed on his site for sale, and he's never done that since then?

Comment

He doesn't list them on his website he says because of the amount of work that goes into it.

He said imagine he has 20 cues or even 10. To take pictures of every cue individually showing the design, the wood etcetc the prices and the specs. He said it was so inconvenient for him.

And then people buying cues from the website then him sending it off and to find out they don't like it then to have to deal with those customers and have the cue sent back etcetc you get the picture.

For him he wants to just finish his cues and send them off and never hear from them again. And that's exactly what he gets from his Asia agents.

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
            He doesn't list them on his website he says because of the amount of work that goes into it.

He said imagine he has 20 cues or even 10. To take pictures of every cue individually showing the design, the wood etcetc the prices and the specs. He said it was so inconvenient for him.

And then people buying cues from the website then him sending it off and to find out they don't like it then to have to deal with those customers and have the cue sent back etcetc you get the picture.

For him he wants to just finish his cues and send them off and never hear from them again. And that's exactly what he gets from his Asia agents.
            I'd like to buy one of his cues but with the way he does things my only real chance of getting one is ebay Have my eye on one at the minute

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
              I'd like to buy one of his cues but with the way he does things my only real chance of getting one is ebay Have my eye on one at the minute
              The green plate plain ebony one? Thats the fella who posted the same cue in this thread right. Should try offer him something.

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                The green plate plain ebony one? Thats the fella who posted the same cue in this thread right. Should try offer him something.
                I think he's mulling it over whether to let the auction go, then get pumped with fee's or take an offer. I'll see how things go Always liked the ridiculously chunky joint on those cues, has a very retro look considering joints are far more slimline these days.
                Last edited by narl; 21 April 2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  I think he's mulling it over whether to let the auction go, then get pumped with fee's or take an offer. I'll see how things go Always liked the ridiculously chunky joint on those cues, has a very retro look considering joints are far more slimline these days.
                  Agree with the joint. I like the chunk too haha. Don't know why. I'm close to Robert. I actually did consider buying a couple and then selling them on but it's not worth it once you flog em on eBay. You'll barely break even

Comment

Yes its a nice cue and the joint suits it that way
                    Current playing cue Trevor White
                    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Few of the cues that RO had for sale today, pics taken by Thai_son22 on his trip there today The mannock enthusiast on here might want to pay him a visit

Last edited by narl; 25 April 2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Did he get some prices
                        3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                          Did he get some prices
                          Plain ebony greenplates are 500, plain ebony redplates are 300. Though has to be said as you go down in grades of cue the ebony gets much streakier, which matters to some, not everyone.

Comment

Its a shame when you see some of the so called premium ash shafts now from the top UK cue makers and you see such ugly grain patterns. When you compare it to the Thai cue makers and even some of the Chinese cues, they just have the best shafts now. Why would anyone pay around £600+ when you can get a better cue from Thailand for half that!

Comment

Uk cue makers dont stand a chance for good ash i was speaking to a guy in Bangkok he said they have it all sown up
                              3/4 ash cue

Comment

Double post

Comment

Working...
                                X