ADR Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tony9ball68 View Post
    Sounds a similar concept to the predator American pool shafts, where they cut it 8 ways, then splice them back together to make it stronger with less deflection, be weird doing that with Ash, the grain would look very silly I would imagine
    It basically is the same thing. Because it's all the same piece of ash it shouldn't mess the appearance of the grain up.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
      It basically is the same thing. Because it's all the same piece of ash it shouldn't mess the appearance of the grain up.
      From what I can see of pictures, the shaft seems to look like all side grain, no traditional arrows but it's hard to get a full picture. They have quite an original joint as well.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Martin Daly is making me a similar cue, but a Maple radially laminated shaft.

Comment

This thread should really have its own thread now - but since it is about me I don't want to get to formal but start a new thread about the L* cues.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I am sorry to hijack this but wanted to get your view with your experience in cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              This thread should really have its own thread now - but since it is about me I don't want to get to formal but start a new thread about the L* cues.
              Definitely a new thread, imho.

I assume that they do the 8 cuts before shaping the cue, which is why they struggle with the asthetics.

I can understand the theory of the idea (different compressions of the "slices" re how relative to the centre of the ball, or impact point), but if that works then the cue may well end up splitting over time?

I would guess that a MW Black Ferrule thing would do the same job.

Comment

I agree it might happen but the layering and adjoining will be a little different so with time (assuming that time to be at least 7-8 years), if in case it splits, it will still be a good buy for me... and as they market it that it gives more strength which conceptually it should do, it can work wonders.

I believe it will be a high maintenance cue though in terms of storage and repairs... but this comes with a life time guarantee.

Still waiting to play with it though... Hopefully can share the feel in a "new thread" by the end of this week.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  Do you or are you about to start selling these L8 shafted cues then ADR, because for my money it looks like a way for a company to use up all their offcuts with some sales BS about low deflection shafts enfused with a lot of wood glue that are supposed to be stronger than a single piece of ash or maple.
                  I'm not buying it, the sales pitch that is not the cue, and for you Anshuld who have bought one, start a thread and tell us all about how much better it is, or not as the case may be.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                    Do you or are you about to start selling these L8 shafted cues then ADR, because for my money it looks like a way for a company to use up all their offcuts with some sales BS about low deflection shafts enfused with a lot of wood glue that are supposed to be stronger than a single piece of ash or maple.
                    I'm not buying it, the sales pitch that is not the cue, and for you Anshuld who have bought one, start a thread and tell us all about how much better it is, or not as the case may be.
                    I must confess I have only seen a handful off these sectioned cue but all of them lacked feel - it is like using a graphite cue, so personally it is not something I will be doing. The laminated shafts that niche and coutts do are a lot better but obviously a lot more expensive - they are not off cuts!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                    X