Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Hunt & O'Byrne Cues so desirable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do look nice cues 1day al buy one
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Will post pics comparing it to my tw when it arrives, meant to be Thursday though thats with parcelforce so maybe a Thursday next month.

Comment

They are a bit over priced I think, seen a lot of variance too some real crackers and some really whippy ones and along with Parris they are by far the most faked cue out there - which is why I would steer clear if I was you Steve - unless you buy from a reputable source .

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          They are a bit over priced I think, seen a lot of variance too some real crackers and some really whippy ones and along with Parris they are by far the most faked cue out there - which is why I would steer clear if I was you Steve - unless you buy from a reputable source .
          If you get a dodgy one you can always flog it on to some lunatic with more money than sense, the recent Will Hunt auction proves that much

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
            Here's another pic of a flat on one of these cues.

As you can see the shapes pretty much the same, only real difference is one is much shiner than the other making the edges more obvious. And i think it's fair to say not every cue would have exactly the same flat, some might have been shorter, longer, not as deep cut etc.
            Yeah I agree I think it was just the other angle and the light, nice cue!

Comment

Nothing so far is making me convince myself that I need one. I just don't get it!

Comment

Was hoping to have it today, parcelforce as usual being useless seems like its now tomorrow, that's despite landing in their "hub" at half 2 yesterday.

Comment

Sold for £395

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hunt-amp-o...p2047675.l2557

On sale again for £950

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUNT-OBYRN...0AAOSwONBZCySV

Comment

well he has cleaned the ferrule lol.
                    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
                      well he has cleaned the ferrule lol.
                      Joint could do with a scrub as well, manky!

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                        Nice the myth of these cues are nuts people say there rubish but they do comand money in far east
                        you could have course bought them from garrisons and cut out the middle man lol

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                          you could have course bought them from garrisons and cut out the middle man lol
                          Who are they ?.
                          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Who are they ?.
                            Well they made that cue - not will Hunt - the ones with the other joint were his these ones were cues he bought in at the time I believe - so it aint really a hunt and OB cue really . I think that is what he is alluding to when he speaks about cutting out the middle man.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                              Well they made that cue - not will Hunt - the ones with the other joint were his these ones were cues he bought in at the time I believe - so it aint really a hunt and OB cue really . I think that is what he is alluding to when he speaks about cutting out the middle man.
                              Aww a see well its a mystery why the all want there cues
                              3/4 ash cue

Comment

Aww a see well its a mystery why the all want there cues
                                Well to coin a phrase: "not a lot of people know that" They see the badge and assume its a hunt and ob but technically its not.

So let the silly buggers pay a grand for a cue worth 200?
                                Last edited by Byrom; 4 May 2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X