Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Hunt & O'Byrne Cues so desirable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
    Aww a see well its a mystery why the all want there cues
    A fool and their money are easily parted.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      A fool and their money are easily parted.
      Now you 8loody tell me.............................

Comment

Originally Posted by Woody001 View Post
        Don't worry about it Woody, sell it to someone in China for three times what you paid!

Comment

Don't worry about it Woody, sell it to someone in China for three times what you paid!
          Or even four.

Comment

Got the cue today, jury's out to it being legit or not. The butt looked shiny in the pics, actually had a thin lacquer coating over it. Took that off with wire wool, the butts obviously ebony as a couple of brown tinges are noticeable on it. The problem part though is the joint, for some reason when i screw the cue together and give the shaft a light slap there's an obvious vibrating resonance that sounds as if something is loose. Whether that's the joint inside the shaft or the butt i'm not too sure, its not the ferrule as checked that and its solid. its possible its both parts just not getting a good seating.

Tried applying some "joint glide" to the threads and its still there, possible that some of the threads are humped or something along those lines. Hoping Mike can sort it out for me. If it is a dodgy one i'm glad i didn't pay "black plate" money for it, just slightly over classic cue money in fact though while still less is a bit of a kick in the plums if it is dodgy.

Lacquer in and of itself doesn't really suggest its a dodgy cue though, some players actually have butts lacquered as they prefer that to the natural wood. Dominic Dale being one of them.
            Last edited by narl; 5 May 2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Woody001 View Post
              Which one did you buy ? The one Will was selling ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Which one did you buy ? The one Will was selling ??
                Might want to spread his cheeks if thats the case

Comment

were these cues weighted, could it be a loose weight? so where have you purchased this one from then Narl?

Maybe one day the BBC will do a feature on cue collections and cover these

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                    were these cues weighted, could it be a loose weight? so where have you purchased this one from then Narl?

Maybe one day the BBC will do a feature on cue collections and cover these
                    Id doubt its weighted, its a bit under 18oz, to me it seems like some of the threads are wonky, i have an extension that screws into the robert osborne thread which is the same as these but it won't screw into the shaft of this cue. Was on ebay for a few minutes last week.

The noise only happens when tapping the shaft from the left or right and only when its screwed into the butt, theres no noise out of either piece separately.

Comment

Could be the ferrule.

Comment

Could be the ferrule.
                        Nah, ferrule is tight seems to be the threads between the shaft and butt. It only occurs when both parts are screwed together so seems joint related.

Comment

Sorry to here that mate bumer if its not what you expected
                          Current playing cue Trevor White
                          3/4 ash cue

Comment

If I get the joint sorted should be fine, hopefully doesn't cost much.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                              Got the cue today, jury's out to it being legit or not. The butt looked shiny in the pics, actually had a thin lacquer coating over it. Took that off with wire wool, the butts obviously ebony as a couple of brown tinges are noticeable on it. The problem part though is the joint, for some reason when i screw the cue together and give the shaft a light slap there's an obvious vibrating resonance that sounds as if something is loose. Whether that's the joint inside the shaft or the butt i'm not too sure, its not the ferrule as checked that and its solid. its possible its both parts just not getting a good seating.

Tried applying some "joint glide" to the threads and its still there, possible that some of the threads are humped or something along those lines. Hoping Mike can sort it out for me. If it is a dodgy one i'm glad i didn't pay "black plate" money for it, just slightly over classic cue money in fact though while still less is a bit of a kick in the plums if it is dodgy.

Lacquer in and of itself doesn't really suggest its a dodgy cue though, some players actually have butts lacquered as they prefer that to the natural wood. Dominic Dale being one of them.
                              need the faces skimming full 360 afraid

Comment

Who u trust to fix it
                                Current playing cue Trevor White
                                3/4 ash cue

Comment

Working...
                                X