using wood filler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    You could simply not use a grain filler at all, just sand down to 400 grade, apply the clearest oil/wax finish you can, final rub down with 0000 wire wool and leave it to patina naturally as it ages.
    Good idea, unless someone wants dark or black grain :friendly_wink:
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
      You could simply not use a grain filler at all, just sand down to 400 grade, apply the clearest oil/wax finish you can, final rub down with 0000 wire wool and leave it to patina naturally as it ages.
      Thanks, I'll give that a try on one of them. I haven't spent a lot on stuff for the job and it's not so much that I'm looking for a particular finish or patina just wondered what other folk do but it's interesting that the finish of a stick can be so varied.
      :snooker:

Comment

Can use a shellac sanding sealer all the way through te sanding process apply liberally between sanding and it should fill the grain whilst giving enough filler to maker the cue smooth.
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

I love very dark black grain/arrows, what grain filler would you suggest to buy any Links?

As im always looking to try other ways as normally use the ebony dust, few people i know use boot polish!

Kind Regards Gaz.

Comment

My mate used soot to darken the grain don't laugh it looked not bad despite my laughs.

Comment

Working...
            X