Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
    Dean,

I'm happy to do it myself but non have asked yet...
    Think I do a got job in getting the balanced pretty well anyway..
    and you seem to be doing ok
    :wink:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      and you seem to be doing ok
      :wink:
      Helps I have been playing more years than I would like to remember sometimes
      For that one you've always wanted...
      https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
        Mike,

I also have had a quick look at your website and have a question about something I've seen?....

This bit....

The normal for most cue makers is that the cue maker decides on the balance of the cue not the purchaser where at Cue Creator you make the decisions.

So your the only maker that can give a balance point were someone wants it?
        Even before I was making them, plenty of other makes over here would let customers decide that...
        Completely agree with you there Ninja, my last customer was very specific with there requirements to include that the butt needs to be 21", 56.75" long, 9.5mm 28.8mm 17.8" bp. I achieved these requirements bang on without any particular difficulty. I don't think they are offering anything new. For those without a bp request I balance to where I think the cue will be best usually around the 16. 5 -17.5" mark.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          Sounds like you are like every other cue maker as you can buy a cue made in china that is hand spliced and then turned on a cnc machine for £50, so where the 'unique' angle comes in I'm not sure.
          Unless your joints are made of gold and not brass and your cnc operator is making $200 an hour your prices are too high for what is essentially a mass produced item.
          Top UK snooker cue makers hand plane and hand splice their cues, we're paying for their time and their craft, what are we paying for with yours, not made in China ?
          Couldn't have said it better

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
            Completely agree with you there Ninja, my last customer was very specific with there requirements to include that the butt needs to be 21", 56.75" long, 9.5mm 28.8mm 17.8" bp. I achieved these requirements bang on without any particular difficulty. I don't think they are offering anything new. For those without a bp request I balance to where I think the cue will be best usually around the 16. 5 -17.5" mark.
            So we found two that will do just that I'm no time at all...
            Someone may have to rewrite a few lines of they sure now

Comment

if my cues need the balance point adjusting I just pluck out a few bristles or use a lighter nail

Comment

Its funny how times change I made and worked on cues for thirty years and never once was I asked about the balance point.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                  Its funny how times change I made and worked on cues for thirty years and never once was I asked about the balance point.
                  What did you do with the weight Andy, just put it where you thought was right or stick it in the same place in every cue?
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I just drilled the hole and put the weight in so probably they were all similar but customers then just went by how heavy the cue felt.

Comment

I just drilled the hole and put the weight in so probably they were all similar but customers then just went by how heavy the cue felt.
                      I think I'd I've a good idea of what your doing... Your not going to be far wrong with where the BP is..

Comment

I don't know how people think they can be so accurate with what they want, did that guy not want a 9.56mm tip? 9.5 is like a needle in comparison.

Comment

Exactly, cue snobs say it's important but it isn't really, most players have no idea where it is on their own cue, and most makers will put it roughly on the point of the splices.

Comment

Exactly, cue snobs say it's important but it isn't really, most players have no idea where it is on their own cue, and most makers will put it roughly on the point of the splices.
                            Only cue snobs think the balance point is important and it doesn't really matter where it is? Your posts are usually a lot better informed than that vmax. Whilst most decent players can adapt to a balance point within a realistic range, say 16.5 to 18 inches, why should they if they already know which point best serves their cue action and delivery? Cue customers are much better informed these days. Previous ways of doing things are not necessarily better. And although getting obsessed with things like chevron count is ridiculous, caring about the balance point is most certainly not.

Comment

Sounds like you are like every other cue maker as you can buy a cue made in china that is hand spliced and then turned on a cnc machine for £50, so where the 'unique' angle comes in I'm not sure.
                              Unless your joints are made of gold and not brass and your cnc operator is making $200 an hour your prices are too high for what is essentially a mass produced item.
                              Top UK snooker cue makers hand plane and hand splice their cues, we're paying for their time and their craft, what are we paying for with yours, not made in China ?
                              hi well that my point I'm not getting low quality cues made, and if you now somewhere that can run a shaft and taper cues in with a cnc lathe made for cues then let me know where they are. We have had to build our lathes to do this and i can tell you its not cheap. Also if you check our software to see what the cue will look like i feel we've done a pretty good job here and where not finished yet.
                              We'll be updating more as we go as its a complicated web program it will only get better.
                              Mass produced cues?
                              Cues are custom made to the designs the clients pick not mass produced.

If you count the possibilities in designs there's over a Million as my developer worked out all the possibilities.
                              Seen many of the so called UK cue makers cues in china and from what i've seen in the UK our splicing levels are far better than theirs.

Mike

Comment

I've sold a lot of cues from many different companies in other businesses i have. I've been in the industry for a while and seen most cue makers decide on the balance points depending on the natural cue weights. Most are good at it but some aren't at all.
                                Most players wouldn't have a preference but some do.
                                I didn't say all Cue Makers don't let you choose did I??
                                Anyway lets be nice i was only posting up from a post not to get into a cue war and I'm not looking for a forum life at posting.

Those balance points are good for a 56-59 inch cue for sure.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X