• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good Colin
    I sent you a message via Facebook

Comment

Well I'm still on the hunt for my cue

There's just quite a few options out there, quite hard to pin it down to one
      Very tempted by getting a Andy Travis cue, anyone know roughly the real sale value the cue would have? I haven't seen any really up sale second hand
      But then for not too much more I could get a Maximus or ton praram
      Been looking on greenbaize, and there's loads to choice from - only wished it was a tad bit closer too get a feel on the cues themselves
      Also been checking on adr's cues on eBay
      As I said there's loads of options out there I'm bit lost
      Any help would be grateful- i.e. In my position what would you choose

Comment

If you call stu at green baize he will test a few cues out for you and give you his thougts on which cue plays better in his oponion
        Current playing cue Trevor White
        3/4 ash cue

Comment

Yeah stevie1 I've read someone on here doing the same thing

Comment

There's an And Travis cue on eBay now - see what it goes for Kierand

Comment

Thank for letting me know
              the badge says customized by Andy Travis instead of hand made - does this mean it's a cue that's been altered by him?

Comment

There are two Andy Travis cues currently for sale on Ebay that I can see. Have a look at the completed listings as well. Might give you some more insight.

Comment

Didn't know you could search for completed items as well, that helps a lot cheers
                  Bit of a novice to eBay

Comment

Hi Kierand, speaking as someone who has spent a lot of money over the years looking for the right cue I think it's well worth while spending the time and money going somewhere where you can try out different cues on a table.
                    I've bought "blind" from Mastercraft, Craftsman Cues, Andy Travis, Ton Praram and a TSF member. All the cues were excellent but none of them were exactly what I was after. Stupidly I was trying to replicate my 30 year old cue which had broken not appreciating that every bit of wood is different. Also it's very difficult to replicate "feel". Taper and flex are very important.
                    If you spent say, £50, travelling up to Greenbeize it may save you money in the long run. It gets quite expensive if you buy a cue and then have to send it back for alterations.
                    The other thing I've learned is that you can get used to any cue if you put the effort in on the practice table. The cue I bought from Craftsman was lovely. I bought it to see what Ash was like. After 3 months I decided to move back to Maple. Sold the cue at £50 loss! Wish I hadn't.
                    Craftsman Cues in Leeds would be closer to you but I don't know what their stock is like. Chesworths in Sheffield have a lot of cues but only a tiny table to have a practice hit on.
                    If you've got any more questions don't hesitate to ask. Happy to share my experiences with you. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X