David bowen cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
    Agree with what's been said, and another key point mentioned already but only briefly is the re-sale. Nothing worse then buying a cue, which may in fact be well made and good quality, but finding out you just don't get on with it and given he's a relatively unknown cue maker, you'd be lucky to get even 50% of what you spent back.
    No such thing as 'can't/don't get on with it', you can't expect a cue to make you take a step up in your game especially if it's been hand made made to your specs. Buy a quality cue and stick with it, get to know it and with solid practice it will reward you, stop swapping and changing all the time.
    And as for this new cue maker charging top money for his cues as a relative unknown, yeah why not, if he's using quality timber and knows the craft he deserves as much as Parris/White/Wooldridge/Stamford from the get go, after all there's no magic fairy dust involved in the process, it's a pointed stick used to pot balls and if it isn't working then take a step back and look at yourself.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Always fancied a MW but as you say his prices are creeping up , but would still pay his asking price compared to the ' Newbies' on the block who in some cases are charging more than TW & MW . TW is slightly cheaper than MW , and very happy with the 2 cues i've had from Trevor with another on the way this week .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
        No such thing as 'can't/don't get on with it', you can't expect a cue to make you take a step up in your game especially if it's been hand made made to your specs. Buy a quality cue and stick with it, get to know it and with solid practice it will reward you, stop swapping and changing all the time.
        And as for this new cue maker charging top money for his cues as a relative unknown, yeah why not, if he's using quality timber and knows the craft he deserves as much as Parris/White/Wooldridge/Stamford from the get go, after all there's no magic fairy dust involved in the process, it's a pointed stick used to pot balls and if it isn't working then take a step back and look at yourself.
        Agree mainly with this , and i've had plenty of cues ! and in that process , i've only had one cue made to my specs that i simply couldn't play with .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Always fancied a MW but as you say his prices are creeping up , but would still pay his asking price compared to the ' Newbies' on the block who in some cases are charging more than TW & MW . TW is slightly cheaper than MW , and very happy with the 2 cues i've had from Trevor with another on the way this week .
          I would imagine the Asian market dictates the Price of MW to a degree, Bit like Coutts, why undersell your cues in the UK market when there are commanding a premium in Asia. Be interesting to see how David gets on, few of his cues are hanging about on the FB selling sites which im surprised about as they look far better value than some the crap being banded about.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            I agree with this and not because I make cues but thought the same way before I did.
            Over the last 8 years or so, I can change cues and play a half play some game.
            So know some of it is in your head.
            Getting into a market that has so many maker's but not so many making they own cues, inserted of putting badges on cues from China but saying they make them...
            Is not on I think, be honest about it and give people the choice to make up they own minds..
            For that one you've always wanted...
            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
              Don’t really want to plaster
              His name on here- let’s just say he posts a hell of a lot of new cues on FB must have an ‘XL’ collection.....
              i know who you mean. borrowed the name for his top of the range cues from someone else with splices just as uneven!
              http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
                Don’t really want to plaster
                His name on here- let’s just say he posts a hell of a lot of new cues on FB must have an ‘XL’ collection.....
                i know who you mean. borrowed the name for his top of the range cues from someone else with splices just as uneven!
                Would his initials be JC?

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                  Yep that's him Dave- He sorted it out with my mate eventually but I really think he needs to concentrate more on quality than quantity.

Comment

Jesus Christ makes cues now? I knew his old man was into woodwork but never expected him to make cues.

Comment

Yep that's him Dave- He sorted it out with my mate eventually but I really think he needs to concentrate more on quality than quantity.
                      Seen a couple of his cues as mates have them and haven't been impressed by how poor the finish has been aswell as other issues.

Comment

Seen a couple of his cues as mates have them and haven't been impressed by how poor the finish has been aswell as other issues.
                        Yeah pretty much like the ones I've seen- Shafts were like a piece of Iron they were that stiff, Splicing all over the place, Butt finish terrible.... Hopefully it's a learning curve for him and he'll start producing something half decent!

Comment

I wish I could work out who you are on about

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            I wish I could work out who you are on about
                            Same here, all this code word and initial caper is annoying.

Comment

Ahh after a bit of Facebook surfing I've worked it out 😎 feeling mighty relieved now, the Xl clue went over my head

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Ahh after a bit of Facebook surfing I've worked it out �� feeling mighty relieved now, the Xl clue went over my head
                                Lol, I didn't want to put his Brand/Name up, not my style to slag off people on an open forum- Hopefully he improves otherwise he's going to end up with a not so nice reputation.

Comment

Working...
                                X