Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up to £300 to spend on cue...what you got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
    Don’t play enough so not very good but like to try out different cues(a disease) lol....not the only one on here who does that.
    Never was like this but I blame the forum lol.
    You have to get a cue that suits your physique and stick with it. It's not the cue that pots the balls but a cue that you know will gain you better position once you have a reliable repeatable cue action.
    I have something that will suit you and a lot cheaper than £300, it will have no re-sale value whatsoever and should encourage you to stick with it and learn its characteristics, pm me if you're interested.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
      You have to get a cue that suits your physique and stick with it. It's not the cue that pots the balls but a cue that you know will gain you better position once you have a reliable repeatable cue action.
      I have something that will suit you and a lot cheaper than £300, it will have no re-sale value whatsoever and should encourage you to stick with it and learn its characteristics, pm me if you're interested.
      Agreed, it’s about getting a cue you like with a good tip on it and getting use to use to it.
      Really after another Maximus Ultimate 58” 1 piece cue or possibly a Ton Praram.
      Cheers though fella
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

I could probably do something for you. MAC CUES.
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Have an O'min maximum 147...brand new only used a few times...1 burl wood splice with maple veneer

Comment

I got a ton praram on order direct. Dreading the import charges and the cues themselves ain't as cheap as I once thought.

Comment

Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
              I got a ton praram on order direct. Dreading the import charges and the cues themselves ain't as cheap as I once thought.
              Ton just quoted me £500-550 for a Beyond with 4 splices - his prices are shooting up

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                Ton just quoted me £500-550 for a Beyond with 4 splices - his prices are shooting up
                Won’t be long before he’s same prices as Parris lol. Wonder how much for a Blackbone or a Limited edition are now?
                VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.

Comment

Won’t be long before he’s same prices as Parris lol. Wonder how much for a Blackbone or a Limited edition are now?
                  He refused to take an order for a black bone - says the order book is too long and he can't get ebony black enough right now. At least that's what he wrote to me. So any one with a black bone - you've struck gold.

Ltd editions - bit of a gimmick - these are Beyonds with your own design right? Paying just for a badge I think

Comment

Anyone got or have had a Ton Praram series 1 cue? And opinions on them.

Comment

He refused to take an order for a black bone - says the order book is too long and he can't get ebony black enough right now. At least that's what he wrote to me. So any one with a black bone - you've struck gold.

Ltd editions - bit of a gimmick - these are Beyonds with your own design right? Paying just for a badge I think
                      the limted editions are woods spliced with the more exotic stuff or rare woods as he likes to say. so i think if using something like rosewood splices they will be beyond but if using the amboyna and snakewoods etc they become limited edition

Comment

Anyone got or have had a Ton Praram series 1 cue? And opinions on them.
                        theyre an entry model. if you like chevrons or clean maple, dont buy em

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                          the limted editions are woods spliced with the more exotic stuff or rare woods as he likes to say. so i think if using something like rosewood splices they will be beyond but if using the amboyna and snakewoods etc they become limited edition
                          Only I have a Series 1 pool spec TP with Amboyna burl splicing.

I think the limited edition is basically a way of customising your cue using the best arrows/cleanest maple and using any splices you want. The burl may have the better grain etc but not much else in difference

Comment

I think the limited edition is basically a way of customising your cue using the best arrows/cleanest maple and using any splices you want. The burl may have the better grain etc but not much else in difference
                            How’s your tp1 like to play?

Comment

It's a great player - pretty stiff. TP is clear that the series 1 will play as good as the others, but the grain will not be visually perfect.

It's a maple so to me you can't really fault it. I'd even go as far as saying save money and buy a series 1 maple and it will play as good as a Beyond but nearly half the price.

It really is pool spec though, so I don't get to use it much:
                              56", 8.6mm, 18oz, full butt

Comment

Having a wood like amboyna doesn't auto qualify the cue to be a limited edition, but if a combination of a good aesthetic shaft plus some exotic wood, it is deemed a limited edition. They need to be both to be a limited edition, else it'd just be a series 1 or 2. I think the figuring on the wood chosen has to be pretty good too (cue makers judgement)

Comment

Working...
                                X