Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up to £300 to spend on cue...what you got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
    Having a wood like amboyna doesn't auto qualify the cue to be a limited edition, but if a combination of a good aesthetic shaft plus some exotic wood, it is deemed a limited edition. They need to be both to be a limited edition, else it'd just be a series 1 or 2. I think the figuring on the wood chosen has to be pretty good too (cue makers judgement)
    Lol, isn't that basically what I was saying?! - good aesthetic shaft plus splices with better grain (ie figuring)

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
      Lol, isn't that basically what I was saying?! - good aesthetic shaft plus splices with better grain (ie figuring)
      no because a good shaft with a highly figured padauk or rosewood splice is a beyond.

a good shaft with highly figured exotic wood like snakewood, burwoods is a limited edition

Comment

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
        Won’t be long before he’s same prices as Parris lol. Wonder how much for a Blackbone or a Limited edition are now?
        I've ordered a limited edition with pro shaft...7 colour rosewood, very rare wood due to the rosewood ban. His last batch also. Can't wait. Need to stop buying cues to look at

Comment

But yes, sorry to go off topic and price.

Comment

Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
            But yes, sorry to go off topic and price.
            How much did Ton charge for the cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
              Won’t be long before he’s same prices as Parris lol. Wonder how much for a Blackbone or a Limited edition are now?
              With the import charges it wont suprise me if it takes it over going 1k+.

He also quoted me £46 for a stainless ferrule but I kindly declined.

Comment

Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
                With the import charges it wont suprise me if it takes it over going 1k+.

He also quoted me £46 for a stainless ferrule but I kindly declined.
                His prices are definitely rocketing, and I think he must have enough orders to justify his pricing - good on him, but sadly he's just too expensive now :-(

Comment

Any Maximus Ultimates for sale?
                  VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                  Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                  Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                  Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

7 on eBay pal.

Comment

I spent £200 on a one piece James Butters cue last summer.
                      After a bit of fine tuning & refinishing it’s as good as any cue on the market.

Comment

Cheers guys for all your help and advice but good old Stu at Green Baize got me sorted out.
                        Arrived today a Ton Praram III Series 1 plain ebony ash 1 piece cue. I had reservations before I received it but now I have it in hand and what a good cue it is! Nice stiff golden coloured shaft with lovely smooth finish to it with that little bit of give you want, dark straight grain with arrows/chevrons where you want them and jet black ebony butt...fantastic!
                        Would share photos but forum is a real pain to when it comes to this, when in this day and age it should be bloody simple...upload file and bosh.
                        Bottom line is that I’m very happy with purchase and service provided as per usual... big shout out to Stu & Max at Green Baize!! Top stuff!!!
                        VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.

Comment

Great stuff - can't go wrong with a TP

Comment

Here’s the cue AA99ECC9-EB71-4B39-8614-3B88A879A3E6.jpeg
                            Last edited by TooDark; 3 August 2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Another photo1E65E1A8-0E66-46C3-A479-698ED67CBE17.jpeg

Comment

And anotherC91F379C-1EB7-4FF7-932F-C42022C1E3BB.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X