X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so where's adr when you need him lol

Comment

• i've also seen one of the powerglide mannock replicas, and their not the same as mine, they're quite new also aint they? whereas mine is pretty old.

and the badge on mine is totally weird, it's like a sort of ivory i think? it feels very very smooth, and you can see it's forms part of the cue at the bottom.

any help much appreciated guys.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_paz View Post
        i've also seen one of the powerglide mannock replicas, and their not the same as mine, they're quite new also aint they? whereas mine is pretty old.
        I've seen a few of the Powerglids Mannocks, and all of them have looked the same as yours, except for the badge. Also, they've all been oldish cues, dating from the 80's or very early 90's at the latest.
        and the badge on mine is totally weird, it's like a sort of ivory i think? it feels very very smooth, and you can see it's forms part of the cue at the bottom.
        The badge is the only part which doesn't look either like a Powerglide one, nor totally original to the cue. I'd suggest someone added it to the cue in place of the original one. Looking at your pics from the end of the butt you can see signs of tampering/altering.
        any help much appreciated guys.
        I've got one of the Powerglides at Robin Cook's for alterations at the mo, when it comes back (Tues hopefully!) I'll take some pics and see if I, or someone else, can post them on here, hopefully that'll help.

I've just had another look at your pics, and what I think of when I look at the badge end of the cue is: plaster. It looks as if the cue's been plastered over, perhaps it was re-weighted?? It's the porosity of the material which makes me think that, but I could very well be wrong.
        Last edited by KeithinFrance; 4 December 2010, 11:43 PM.
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

• I don't think you're far away Keith.

Comment

• Took me 3 days to go through 159 pages of absolute awesomeness !! Oh no I had been warned of the 'Buying cue' bug when I joined this forum !! Guess I'm the latest of its victims.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vendetta_revived View Post
              Took me 3 days to go through 159 pages of absolute awesomeness !! Oh no I had been warned of the 'Buying cue' bug when I joined this forum !! Guess I'm the latest of its victims.
              So which bug bit you ?? the TW bug ?? JP bug or others

Comment

• Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                So which bug bit you ?? the TW bug ?? JP bug or others
                I've got the TW and DS bug . Would love a Dan Shelton but sadly funds are very limited .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• my tw has just been finished should be here soon cant wait

Comment

• Neil I missed out on the TW that Gazza was selling, I thought I had it for a while. Most probley done me a favour any why. I no idea how long I have to wait for my new trevor white cue, I asked him three time each time he has emailed me has has failed to answer the question? could be in for a long wait

Comment

• What an earth are you playing with now ? A broom handle !

Comment

• Sorry , forgot to say . You can have my TW for £600 if you want .
                        Including mini butt that cost £60 .
                        Tempting offer ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                          Sorry , forgot to say . You can have my TW for £600 if you want .
                          Including mini butt that cost £60 .
                          Tempting offer ?
                          you love that cue, I can't see you letting that go. Not for any price.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                            Neil I missed out on the TW that Gazza was selling, I thought I had it for a while. Most probley done me a favour any why. I no idea how long I have to wait for my new trevor white cue, I asked him three time each time he has emailed me has has failed to answer the question? could be in for a long wait
                            He's probably snowed under (no pun intended) with orders atm...

Good things come to those who wait

Comment

• @Freddie : Saw ALOT of good comments for Mike Woolridge,Dan Shelton and Uncle Thai, a little short of funds right now but I'm gonna order one of these 3 really really soon !

Comment

• Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                                That's what I'd have said too, it looks exactly like a Powerglide Mannock, but perhaps it's been altered/touched up by someone ...? I'd be willing to bet that it was originally a Mannock replica, though - I know Craftsman made one too, but with darker woods in the butt. This one looks like it's got rosewood and padauk, which is what Powerglide used in theirs.

As someone said before, ask ADR, he'll likely know. :snooker:
                                i would go alone with that - its had a lot of work of some sort over the years.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X