This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
    Very interesting. Where is this wood originated from? It is a local wood?
    Do they naturally come in two tones?
    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy New Year to you, too.
    Few months ago I bought a lot of paduak, thuya , and birdseye burls from Laos. This Red Curly Maple too, but could come out with 2 sets for 12-splice only. The 2-tone mini butt is the piece at the end of the blank. A square piece. I still have another 3 Red Curly Maple for 5.5" mini butt, but no sap area like this mini one. For the snakewood, I got them from NC, USA, where one of my nieces lives. Her husband's family is in the furniture business. Too bad there are fine scales only less than half of the timber's weight, and mostly at the bark area. That is why snakewood cue is very expensive. Myself I love both the leopardwood and snakewood. Those unusual pattern/scales looking
    It's in the Shaft

Comment

• Very nice cue unclevit.
      :snooker:

Comment

• cue joints

anybody recognise this cue joint any ideas who used these type thanks jim018-1.JPG

017-1.JPG

Comment

• cue joint

the cue was bought off somebody in london about 2.1/2 years ago poss something to do with hunt

Comment

• Love that red curly maple unclevit.

Comment

• More top woods cues

more top woods cue

Attached Files
              woodscue@gmail.com

Easy way to custom made your cue

www.handmade-cue.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by kevin147q View Post
                HERE ARE CUSTOM MADE ORDER CUES BY WOODS

Hi, beautiful cues. I plan to do some cues in snakewood too, first one will be similar to your whole butt design, but in ash. Only if my 24" piece has nice scales all around. I find it quite difficult to play with maple, as I always am an Ash guy
                It's in the Shaft

Comment

• Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                  Hi, beautiful cues. I plan to do some cues in snakewood too, first one will be similar to your whole butt design, but in ash. Only if my 24" piece has nice scales all around. I find it quite difficult to play with maple, as I always am an Ash guy
                  The whole butt spend lots of snakewood. very expensive wood. 24" piece enough to make.
                  Last edited by kevin147q; 7 January 2011, 03:23 AM.
                  woodscue@gmail.com

www.handmade-cue.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by kevin147q View Post
                    The whole butt spend lots of snakewood. very expensive wood. 24" piece enough to make.
                    kevin : tks for advice. my piece is 1.5" x 1.5" x 24", but the scales are not spread evenly on the surface. If not good for whole butt, then I will go for 12-splice version instead. Now picking nice arrows and blank belly ash. Should be finished next 2-3 weeks. There is one collector here who now has more than 50 snakewood cues. Inspiration and Tempting hobby
                    It's in the Shaft

Comment

• The cues look very nice kevin147q. What do they play like?

Comment

• [QUOTE=unclevit;545467][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Hi All, a Happy New Year
                        This is my most recent custom cue, from my own team. The Case is one of a prototypes from a local factory. Good for 1 cue + 2 chalks only. Inside is black velvet. Very strong and heavy metal materials.

Cue is 1 piece 13-splices Special Version, Top in African ebony, Middle in Red Curly Maple, Butt in Macassar Ebony (with very fine lines all around), and 13th splice in Red Curly Maple too. No badge (we don't finish the design yet). Shaft is Tournament Grade Ash shaft (well dried, solid and about 11.5 oz in weight after tapering), Stiff Action with very little spring, 7 nice arrows (last one touching the ferrule), and BLANK BELLY collectible class. 5.5" Mini is also Red Curly Maple from the same splice timber. This set is as good for any serious player, or as Collectible pieces. Took about 20 manhours in total (1 single crafter from beginning to end) to do the job from first wood preparations, to shaft works, butt splicings, and oil finishing (this single process took more than 3 hours of handrubbing over and over again). I was with this 30 years old team member throughout the project. A very talented young man.

This is the first I have seen such good-looking RED CURLY MAPLE

Comment

• Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                          The cues look very nice kevin147q. What do they play like?
                          We didn't try ...but stiff shaft and well blance
                          woodscue@gmail.com

www.handmade-cue.com

Comment

• Where are the pics cueinhand? Did you forget to put them in the post.

Comment

• i think he has just responded to an earlier post with regards to the red curly maple

Comment

• Is this red curly maple a member of the maple family, or is that just named curly maple because it looks like curly maple?
                                Do they have maple in Thai?
                                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X