Clear All

• Nice looking cue. Great job!
    All the best with your new cue brand.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
      Nice looking cue. Great job!
      All the best with your new cue brand.
      poolqjunkie : tks. The team is quite busy with their regular local orders. I am selling this 'C' brand for foreign players, and perhaps very soon I'll list some ready-made cues (still with tournament grade shafts and great butt works) in my ebay store, for bidding fun
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

• my cues

hi heres both my cues a woods ash cue with inviseble joint and a john parris customised maple cue
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally Posted by iancafc View Post
          hi heres both my cues a woods ash cue with inviseble joint and a john parris customised maple cue
          What is the butt splice wood on the Woods cue ? interesting pattern, (is it Zebrano) oh and i can't see the invisible joint can you take a pic of it separated

Comment

• my cues

yes its zebra wood and the joint is quite nice a bit diffrent to the normal brass showing
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
              poolqjunkie : tks. The team is quite busy with their regular local orders. I am selling this 'C' brand for foreign players, and perhaps very soon I'll list some ready-made cues (still with tournament grade shafts and great butt works) in my ebay store, for bidding fun
              Well. good luck. I like the new cues you are showing us. Thank you.
              Is your team related to the O'Min cue makers?
              I always think Thai cues are made very well, with excellent precision and choice of exotic woods.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• joint

hi again another cue ive made ebony butt withmaple ,padouka,yellow veneer andwenge front splice invisable joint done by andy travis sheffield014.JPG

013.JPG

012.JPG

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                  hi again another cue ive made ebony butt withmaple ,padouka,yellow veneer andwenge front splice invisable joint done by andy travis sheffield[ATTACH]5436[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5437[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5438[/ATTACH]
                  Nice, thanks for sharing.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• more cues

just posted these pics on another post so thought ide post on here as well027.JPG

026.JPGthese are2 john bennet and 1 albert monkhouse oldam

Comment

• Alan Day & James Butters cues

Here are pics of a couple of my latest purchases.
                      One piece Alan Day cue. (cue maker from Gateshead)
                      58", 18oz, 9.5, 30mm butt, splices 18" long, balance point 15 1/2"
                      Thuya burr front splice with green veneer, badge a bit ill fitted, but cue plays real nice.
                      One piece James Butters cue. Which has then been split (altho unbadged, i bought from him direct so i know where it came from)
                      58", 18oz, 9.7, 28.5mm butt, splices 18" long, balance point 18 1/4", split @ 19 1/2"
                      Just plain patchy ebony butt, this cue is brand new and only played one frame with it so far but appears very nice too.

Comment

• joint

hi j who did the joint i bought some joints same of ebay

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                          hi j who did the joint i bought some joints same of ebay
                          Hi Jim, i expect James Butters does the same as you and sources his joints from ebay (are they from anyone well known ???)
                          They are quite chunky measuring some 6mm wide overall (almost 1/4" in old money ) Look at how it compares to my very neat 16 year old JP joint (i was told JP changed the joint for some reason a long time ago for the worse in my opinion)

Comment

• joint

lot of meat differance there j i could have others i got of ebay faced down and they would be simlar to your jp but these having that knuckle on you cant do

Comment

• How do you guys keep the cue joint shining ??

Comment

• Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                                How do you guys keep the cue joint shining ??
                                Fred : For me, I cut off a piece of finest grit sandpaper (I use 2000 number), in size about 3-4" long, and width equals to the joint area (or smaller, so that the sandpaper won't touch the wood part). Then use it carefully and repeatedly to wipe the surface of the bronze, then buff with a clean cloth. Repeat when necessary, for me every few months. Hope this helps
                                It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
                                X