This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    I have not heard of Laurel cues? Do you have any details of the maker?
    Thanks
    I got this custom made for me around 25 years ago from a guy in Tadcaster. Can't find any info on them in recent times so I assume they are no longer made.

In those days there was only a handful of cue makers making custom made hand spliced cues unlike today.

Comment

• Just got a new case for my Dunns cue. Very happy with the case. It was only £80 posted. Very good price for the craftmanship gone into it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post
        Just got a new case for my Dunns cue. Very happy with the case. It was only £80 posted. Very good price for the craftmanship gone into it.

Def. bargain!

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotmog View Post
          Mine's a John Parris Special, which was a year old when I bought on eBay in 2003, together with mini-butt and extension.

Ash shaft, unusually tight grain with 16 chevrons

Ebony butt, 4 splices of dark rosewood with light and dark blue pearlescent veneers and a facing splice of ebony

57.5"

9.5mm tip

3/4 joint at 16"

Originally 19.5oz, and I found it rather butt-heavy with the balance point at around 10".

I took it back to John Parris a couple of years ago, and he confirmed what I had already discovered by using a metal detector that a metal weight had been fitted inside the butt behind the SD joint. He drilled that out for me and replaced the SD joint, It now weighs 17.75oz, and the balance feels a lot better with the point being fractionally above the joint at 16.5".

I got the Cheddar Classics case on eBay a couple of weeks ago. Very pleased with it, but to ensure it's weatherproof I've given it a Nikwax leather waterproofing wax treatment just in case.

Thats a cracker of a cue mate!
          I would be playing with a Parris Ultimate if I had the patience.
          My deep screw shot
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

• My new trevor white came today looks great
            1 piece
            58''
            8.5 tip
            18.5 oz
            28mm butt
            very soild cues just as i asked for

Comment

• great cue
              great case

Comment

• What make is the case friend?

Comment

• Originally Posted by G30 MC View Post
                  What make is the case friend?
                  the case is handmade by a member on the forum

Comment

Just got a new case for my Dunns cue. Very happy with the case. It was only £80 posted. Very good price for the craftmanship gone into it.
                    I'm after a new case myself for my 3/4 cue. Can I ask where you got the case from? Is it leather?

Comment

• Originally Posted by G30 MC View Post
                      What make is the case friend?
                      Can you delete some pm I am trying sent u 1
                      Cheers darren

Comment

• Hi guys has anyone heard of a peradon monarch cue before there's a guy on eBay selling one it's just his description says cue craft monarch but the pictures he's sent are of a peradon cue when I asked him he's said it's a peradon monarch lol
                        Anybody can help please

Comment

Hope you don't mind me being nosey but where did you get the case from. For one that holds two one piece cues that a bargain

Comment

• Originally Posted by csrfc View Post
                            Hope you don't mind me being nosey but where did you get the case from. For one that holds two one piece cues that a bargain
                            The case has a 3/4 cue in it if you look though, what makes you think it will hold 2 one pce cues?

Comment

• I got it from "boys on the baize". It's a 3/4 cue case. But they do one piece ones for the same price that hold 2 one piece cues. Excellent quality cases. I'll be buying a one piece when i decide who to go to, to get a custom cue made.

Comment

• Just receive some pictures from unclevit with my new cue.
                                http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...564#post583564

Comment

Working...
                                X