• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great looking shaft and butt plug on the Wooldridge

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
      Oy! It ain't an sd joint.

Neither Steve Davis nor John Parris have anything to do with me, so kindly do not call anything of mine by a John Parris term.

It's an MW joint in the base of an MW cue.

It's not a Steve Davis joint.

Don't put me in a bad mood before 2012 even starts for gods sake...

What you see there is my F1 joint. In ultra light black alloy. Also available in traditional brass.

PMSL.......... Still an SD joint tho............:snooker:

Very nice new joint Mike, well done that man...

Comment

• Thanks bud, the finishing and playability of this MW is top among all the cue I have, silky smooth,the shaft is stiff yet responsive, love the feel of the cue :snooker:
        In progressing!!

Comment

• what a wonderful MW Joint

Comment

Oy! It ain't an sd joint.

Neither Steve Davis nor John Parris have anything to do with me, so kindly do not call anything of mine by a John Parris term.

It's an MW joint in the base of an MW cue.

It's not a Steve Davis joint.

Don't put me in a bad mood before 2012 even starts for gods sake...

What you see there is my F1 joint. In ultra light black alloy. Also available in traditional brass.
            The ideas along the same lines regardless..

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
              Still an SD joint tho............:snooker:
              no it's not.

sd joint it's a trade name of john parris. he never invented a joint in the bottom of a cue. he put steve davis initials on his version and it stuck for his cues. good luck to him.

but i've never called mine an sd joint, so why should anyone else?

it's another company's trade name for their own product. it's not a generic term for everyone else's, and shouldn't be used as such.

all jokes aside, anyone reading this should be aware of this and kindly refrain from associating my product with a jp product.

happy new year
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueinhand View Post
                what a wonderful MW Joint
                thank you
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  The ideas along the same lines regardless..
                  lol. no sh*t...

but i'm talking about names and association, not general ideas.
                  The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

lol. no sh*t...

but i'm talking about names and association, not general ideas.
                    Well, when it comes down it it many people that have owned\ do own a Parris cue would probably refer to it as an sd joint, as far as im aware thats where the butt joint concept came about.

Comment

• Just wondering who was the first cue maker to come up with/use a "butt Joint" then, any ideas?

I thought it was parris, but anyone before him?
                      Last edited by cally; 27 December 2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Just wondering who was the first cue maker to come up with/use a "butt Joint" then, any ideas?
                        For Snooker im pretty sure it was John Parris, very possible that this kind of thing (or similar) was used in American pool beforehand though, theyre well into their gadgets in that game.

Comment

no it's not.

sd joint it's a trade name of john parris. he never invented a joint in the bottom of a cue. he put steve davis initials on his version and it stuck for his cues. good luck to him.

but i've never called mine an sd joint, so why should anyone else?

it's another company's trade name for their own product. it's not a generic term for everyone else's, and shouldn't be used as such.

all jokes aside, anyone reading this should be aware of this and kindly refrain from associating my product with a jp product.

happy new year
                          What do ppl ask for when they refer to a "Butt joint"?

Bet ya get asked for a SD joint when required by nearly all your customers (unless they order through website of course)

It's like an Hoover in it, just a name lots of ppl associate/use with/for a vacuum cleaner!

But lots still call them hoovers, same applies with the joint here...

Out with the brass in with the F1 joints. Love them whatever ya wanna call them...

Only pulling ya leg mike...

Happy new year bud..

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            Well, when it comes down it it many people that have owned\ do own a Parris cue would probably refer to it as an sd joint
                            true, but i do not wish to argue about obvious facts.

mine is not called sd joint.

and the next person to say it will be put on my naughty list...
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

true, but i do not wish to argue about obvious facts.

mine is not called sd joint.

and the next person to say it will be put on my naughty list...

Comment

What do ppl ask for when they refer to a "Butt joint"?

Bet ya get asked for a SD joint when required by nearly all your customers (unless they order through website of course)
                                actually, you may be surprised but i'd say less than 10%.

mostly joint in bottom, mini butt joint, something like that usually.

the ones who say sd, get corrected. or barred.

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                                It's like an Hoover in it, just a name lots of ppl associate/use with/for a vacuum cleaner!

But lots still call them hoovers, same applies with the joint here...
                                of course. doesn't make it right though.

Out with the brass in with the F1 joints. Love them whatever ya wanna call them...
                                woah there fella...

brass is going nowhere at the moment. whilst the black looks great, there are times when brass is more suitable.

both are interchangeable, so any brass will fit any black and vice versa, but i designed these to suit different applications.

black F1 is excellent for situations when weight needs to be kept down, particularly good for 1pc conversions cos very little weight, will be added, possibly none with a little extra boring out, therefore the cue can remain almost identical in terms of weight and balance.

but when the cue calls for a little more weight, brass F1 is the right one to use.

i will be using them side by side and fitting whichever one suits the job.

but i gotta say the black F1 does look particularly sexy...

Only pulling ya leg mike...

Happy new year bud..
                                no problem at all, i know only too well that lots of people say sd automatically. but it's my prerogative to say otherwise eh?

cheers
                                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X