Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys. If you like exotic wood mini, here are couple pics of a partially finished cue.
    Single face pale moon front splice with matching mini.

Last edited by poolqjunkie; 25 January 2012, 04:04 AM.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• MY O'MIN HUNTER CUE

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        Thanks guys. If you like exotic wood mini, here are couple pics of a partially finished cue.
        Single face pale moon front splice with matching mini.

Pale Moon ebony has to be one of my favorite woods, especially like the mini butt, Nice work :snooker:
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
          Pale Moon ebony has to be one of my favorite woods, especially like the mini butt, Nice work :snooker:
          Thanks Will. I am glad you like it.
          I personally do not like the kind with very thick lines or full of dark and gray patches. I perfer pieces that are white with fine well defined black lines, but they are not always easy to find. I am therefore quite happy with how this has turned out.
          Last edited by poolqjunkie; 25 January 2012, 08:57 AM.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well here it is folks, it's been a good old wait, don't even know exactly when i ordered it now, twas a while back put it that way...lol... but finally, My new bute built for me by trev, can't wait to get this bute in my mitts.

looks exactly what i had pictured in my mind when ordered and spot on what i wanted it to look like...

Love it.

Now this wk is gonna be a looooong week me thinks.

Chuffed to bits tonight, oh yeah, can't wait to get on the baize with this bute i tells ya....

Rambling now cos i'm all excited...lol.

Ant.
            Last edited by cally; 25 January 2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post

My new bute built for me by trev, can't wait to get this bute in my mitts.

looks exactly what i had pictured in my mind when ordered and spot on what i wanted it to look like...

Love it.

Now this wk is gonna be a looooong week me thinks.

Chuffed to bits tonight, oh yeah, can't wait to get on the baize with this bute i tells ya....

Rambling now cos i'm all excited...lol.

Ant.
              Probs the worse looking Trev i,ve benn unfortunate to set my eyes on .

Comment

• Lol, nice cue mate

Comment

• Thats one of the best looking cues I've seen cally mate. I've always had a soft spot for amboyna, and that ash looks great as well.

Comment

• The badge dont looks flush right around the disc , one of the splices looks out , unless my eyes are deceving me the badge looks slighty one sided , apart from that its a beaut muck .

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                      Thats one of the best looking cues I've seen cally mate. I've always had a soft spot for amboyna, and that ash looks great as well.
                      Why thankyou SL fella, it does look stunning fairplay i'm well happy. exactly how i had it in pictured in my head.....

Comment

• Nice cue...is the red wood amboyna???? Or is snookerloopy talking about the veneer?
                        Sorry cannot really see what the red wood is...I am sick as a dog with the flu so probably that is why.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Very Nice Trevor White Cue there like the Traditional Cue but with Amboyna Looks Good.

Comment

• LOL.. Hi pqj, the red > it's an amboyna splice... over a quilted maple veneer my friend...

Thanks gaz, exactly whatt i thought, i wanted a burwat look with 'posher' splices and it turned out a treat. exactly how i wanted love it...

Last edited by cally; 25 January 2012, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                              The badge dont looks flush right around the disc , one of the splices looks out , unless my eyes are deceving me the badge looks slighty one sided , apart from that its a beaut muck .
                              Haha that looks very classy, nice one.

Comment

• nice looking cue - i like the fact that the amboyna is not too highly figured gives it a nice blend with the veneer, its going to age very well.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X