Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that the splices in the Dunn's cue are Zebrano, cross-cut to give a different look. Very nice effect, nice-looking butt by the way!
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]10973[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10972[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10971[/ATTACH]Here are a few pics of my cues, not all are high end:
      Left to right:
      Peradon custom (cue wizard) ebony and maple, my primary playing cue.
      Aurora, ebony and ash, invisible joint, secondary playing cue.
      O'min Classic, ebony and ash.
      Aeon, ebony and ash, front ebony splice with 2 veneers, one blue and one green, rare cue.
      Craftsman, machine spliced, ebony and ash, old cue, very solid hit.
      Dunn's Cue, K105, ebony and maple, 4 splices of unknown wood with thick maple veneer.
      MYX, ebony and maple, 4 splices with veneers, good quality for price, nice cue.
      Brunswick, 1 piece, ebony and ash, very old cue, its my 9 ball cue, 10 mm beige ferule, rare and a player.
      John Spencer, center jointed, almost mint for age, a bit of a bend, do not use.
      Ray Reardon, center jointed, used this cue for a long time prior to getting my Peradon Custom.
      Barracuda, The Challenge Cue, center jointed, nice cue, do not use.
      Presently waiting for a John Parris, Paragon, again ebony and maple, nil splices, will surely post after receipt.
      Cheers,
      How does the Dunns and Peradon cue wizard cue play?

Comment

• Originally Posted by NorthWestJunior View Post
        How does the Dunns and Peradon cue wizard cue play?
        The Peradon Cue wizard is amazing, very well made and a very good player. Dunns is a very nice cue, plays well but its got a small knott in the maple shaft that I cannot get use to, it just drives me crazy.
        Cheers,
        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
          I think that the splices in the Dunn's cue are Zebrano, cross-cut to give a different look. Very nice effect, nice-looking butt by the way!
          Thanks for the info, will help if I ever sell.
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• Was thinking of ordering a Dunns cue a bit back, sounds like they're a bit hit and miss as to whether you get a nice one or not. I guess you can't go far wrong for the money you pay for them.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
              Good Day, Very nice cue, is this a reproduction or the original after being refurbed.? I noticed that you are a cue collector, I thought you only liked cue's that were in original condition, meaning showing its age. If this is original and in mint condition it must be a very rare find and very valuable.?
              Cheers,
              Hi. Yes it's completely original and mint, almost untouched - it's certainly had very little play in its life. It has been stored by the last owner in its case for last last 40 or more years since the sellers father passed away. He thought it would be a shame to damage the case to open it, I'd imagine he was pleasently surprised with what he found when he finally did though! You hear stories like that a lot, but the seller was a well to do gent involved with the local golf club etc so I've no reason to not believe him (pics sent to Andy Hunter before making an offer on it). I imagine its worth a penny or two, but by and large I don't sell anything I can't find a better example of, and with this I'd struggle
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Old cue collector --
              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Cheers pal

Comment

• Yeah it is mate I got it off ebay. Just search for nickel butt protector and you should find them

Comment

• Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
                    Nice looking cue Dave good luck with your pool.
                    Cheers pal

Comment

• Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                      Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                      This is my 8 ball cue. Custom made connoisseur replica, ash shaft, ebony maple and cocobolo butt jointed at 16" through the ebony points. 57" length, 8.8mm tip, 17.5oz weight and 29.5mm butt made by Mastercraft
                      Very nice, I've always admired the connoisseur style...

Is that a cue butt protector? I've been meaning to get one of those. Where did you get yours?
                      Yeah it is mate i got it off ebay. Just search for nickel butt protector and you should find them

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                        Yeah it is mate i got it off ebay. Just search for nickel butt protector and you should find them
                        Got it, thanks...
                        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

• This was my playing cue Robert Osborne - Green Plate, 58 inch, 9.6 mm, 18.4 oz.

05-07-2012 20-32-24.jpg05-07-2012 20-37-32.jpg05-07-2012 20-33-35.jpg05-07-2012 20-30-19.jpg05-07-2012 20-40-20.jpg

Now Les147 is the lucky owner.
                          Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 23 July 2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
                            current main playing cue Robert Osborne - Green Plate, 58 inch, 9.6 mm, 18.4 oz..best cue I've owned to date..never thought I'd go back to using a 3/4 cue after 12 years of only playing with 1pc cues!!... this baby's converted me!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11043[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11044[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11046[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11047[/ATTACH]
                            Nice cue you have there...good 3/4 makes it feel like 1pc
                            Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

• Originally Posted by Asi View Post
                              Nice cue you have there...good 3/4 makes it feel like 1pc
                              Thanks really is a lovely well balanced cue with lots of power great for silly top and screw shots

Comment

• My Lovely old Burroughes & Watts - Burwart Champion cue ... 58, 11mm,16.5 oz, 30mm..a great playing cue, with lots of cue power with easy and at least 60 years old and stiil dead strate!.. I use it to play 9-ball even though it's only 16.5oz in weight the gear that you can generated with this cue is amazing even with the big 9-ball white!!!

07-07-2012 17-56-44.jpg07-07-2012 17-52-14.jpg07-07-2012 17-51-33.jpg07-07-2012 17-50-36.jpg07-07-2012 17-52-56.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X