This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

One of the nicer champions I've seen, plus black ebony which IMO is a big plus

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
      One of the nicer champions I've seen, plus black ebony which IMO is a big plus
      thanks mate, yes the ebony very dark I tried the cue out on snooker first thinking I'd have trouble with the big tip size... but I was again surprised just how much spin I could get even more than with my 8-ball cue which has a 9mm tip!...I read a lot of old Burwarts tend to not be great playing cues as they can be to wippy ect dont know if thats true? this seems to be med to firm in feel I'd say and not wippy at all. touch wood I've been lucky with cues so far I've bought!

Comment

• Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
        My Lovely old Burroughes & Watts - Burwart Champion cue ... 58, 11mm,16.5 oz, 30mm..a great playing cue, with lots of cue power with easy and at least 60 years old and stiil dead strate!.. I use it to play 9-ball even though it's only 16.5oz in weight the gear that you can generated with this cue is amazing even with the big 9-ball white!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11053[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11054[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11055[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11056[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11057[/ATTACH]
        That's a great looking cue mate, if you ever fancy selling it give me a shout

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          No probs, I let you know if I sell it one day mate.

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            new arrival

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10769[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10770[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10771[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10772[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10773[/ATTACH]
            thats a nice looking cue.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
              new arrival

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10769[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10770[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10771[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10772[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10773[/ATTACH]
              wow very nice cue. love to aquire one like this

Comment

• Remarkably new looking cue for 60 years old, no fading on the plate, IMO its a replica.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  Remarkably new looking cue for 60 years old, no fading on the plate, IMO its a replica.

It's not a replica mate, the guy I bought the Burwart cue from said it was his grandads old cue who had bought it sometime back in the late 1940's...it's spent most of it's life in it's case he said, so that's why the lettering on plate is in such condition..after I received the cue I set about cleaning it up! removed the old chipped lacquer, cleaned the badly tarnished ferrule and old glue off it, oiled it, waxed it, polished it, that's why it looks like new!...messed up putting the plate back on though like a plonker! I ended up breaking one of the screw heads! that made me swear!!..but apart from that in the end I was very please with how well the cue turned out! ..here's some close up pics of the name plate, end of the butt and weight stamp and theres also numbers on the front face splice?

One thing I'm not sure how to clean up the plate better theres some lacquer still on it.. I left that as I was worried I may damage the lettering any ideas guys?

08-07-2012 10-39-54.jpg08-07-2012 10-40-27.jpg08-07-2012 10-39-23.jpg08-07-2012 10-39-00.jpg
                  Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 8 July 2012, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Remarkably new looking cue for 60 years old, no fading on the plate, IMO its a replica.

A pic of the lovely ferrule!.. I had such fun cleaning it..not!!!

08-07-2012 11-52-19.jpg

Comment

would have to be done with an old B&W's cue. ash is old and english and stamp is right.

Comment

• what is the significance of the two stamps in photo 3?
                        a side-ways "8" and a large "1".
                        Does look very nice, obvious question, what would this cue be worth?
                        cheers
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          what is the significance of the two stamps in photo 3?
                          cheers
                          ADR147's the man in the know :snooker: I'd be grateful for any info on the 8 and 1 stamp mate?.. like I said the state it was in when I first got it definitely looked like it could be 60 years old!..I took a chance with it as the guy who sold it had no clue about cues and if it was even that strate! but it turned out to be a cracking cue...I have no plans to sell it at the moment, I guess the old cue purists may think as I have taken the original lacquer off that will affect it's value, but to me it's looks 100 times better now over all and feels a lot nicer to but thats just my preference
                          Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 8 July 2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            OI! get in line

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              what is the significance of the two stamps in photo 3?
                              cheers
                              looks more like initials oc than 8.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by burwat292596 View Post
                                looks more like initials oc than 8.....
                                i think it's likely to be a club stamp to identify the cue.

Comment

Working...
                                X