X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice cue there mate

Comment

• Originally Posted by soggybear View Post
      yea im in my school snooker club too. Next sat got a inter-school competition
      You also in SP?

Comment

• That parris traditional on the last page looks a bit odd, seems to have the grain down the side of the cue instead of aligned with the badge?

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
          That parris traditional on the last page looks a bit odd, seems to have the grain down the side of the cue instead of aligned with the badge?
          Some people want the badge facing up and the grain to the side see bud, or the buyer wanted the badge to the side and arrows on top,etc etc... Not everyone wants to sight down the arrows or have the badge up bud, Nothing odd there man

Comment

• Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
            You also in SP?
            nah im from jc

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
              Some people want the badge facing up and the grain to the side see bud, or the buyer wanted the badge to the side and arrows on top,etc etc... Not everyone wants to sight down the arrows or have the badge up bud, Nothing odd there man
              The cue that Jason Owen is making for me is like that. I have asked him to make it so when the adage is facing up, the arrows will be at 9 o'clock, as I like to have the badge side facing into my palm.

Comment

nah im from jc
                How much did you pay for your cue? I bought mine for $45 but the catch it that its an old cue which is of more than 10 years of age. Its a 1/2 type thus makes it easier for me to bring it to school or the snooker centres. My friends all say its a very bad deal because the cue is already so old but I would like to say its a bargain for me. I paid $45 for cue, additional DIY butt, tips, addtional shaft and 2 case.

I'm not that sure whether I'll actually like snooker that much thus I start off with something cheaper 1st.

Comment

How much did you pay for your cue? I bought mine for $45 but the catch it that its an old cue which is of more than 10 years of age. Its a 1/2 type thus makes it easier for me to bring it to school or the snooker centres. My friends all say its a very bad deal because the cue is already so old but I would like to say its a bargain for me. I paid $45 for cue, additional DIY butt, tips, addtional shaft and 2 case.

I'm not that sure whether I'll actually like snooker that much thus I start off with something cheaper 1st.
                  my first cue was a old cue too, think is 6yr old rileys sold to me by my coach's fren at 20sgd as he is quitting the game. Plays ok. recently ordered a master cue classic at 230sgd with shipping. been playing for 2yr + and i can safely say i love the game

Comment

my first cue was a old cue too, think is 6yr old rileys sold to me by my coach's fren at 20sgd as he is quitting the game. Plays ok. recently ordered a master cue classic at 230sgd with shipping. been playing for 2yr + and i can safely say i love the game
                    True. I'm starting to like snooker more and more. Where do you usually play? I play at Clementi RC.

Comment

True. I'm starting to like snooker more and more. Where do you usually play? I play at Clementi RC.
                      i play at punggol, mayb we can have a game some other day are you joining the comp on 23rd?

Comment

i play at punggol, mayb we can have a game some other day are you joining the comp on 23rd?
                        I didn't know the competition was open to JCs and ITEs as well. I thought it was only an " inter poly " competition.

Nope, I'm not that good yet. I just joined SP's school team not too long ago.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                          Its odd in a sense that its not nomally something you see requested. Most people who prefer sighting down the side grain will already be accustomed to having the badge face sideways in their hand. Its also slightly odd that its like that in a stock production cue as opposed to a custom build. These days its basically standard practice that the ash grain lines up with the badge, i know that wasnt always the case so its either a pretty old cue or something that they did on request.

Comment

• Yip, it was of course on request bud.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by ian_k View Post
                              is there a standardised joint? or are they all differerent?
                              my new britania (see above) has a joint, but not sure of the type of mount
                              I think most cue makers will use different types of joints.

Comment

• Just incase there is a chance this thread dies, here are a few pictures of my cue

maple shaft with alternate ebony and amboya burr with white verneers.

17oz
                                57"
                                28mm butt
                                8.2mm tip
                                17.5 blalance

Comment

Working...
                                X