X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like that bleak badge very much

Comment

• For those of you who do not know Markstar, he is very passionate and quite skillful at wood crafting. He has kindly showed me some of his work. I really like his passion and his love for wood
      He is from China and his works that I have seen are all original art work that he has obviously put lots of time and effort into; they are not copies of someone else's work.
      Mark, you should post pictures of your wonderful work here for us to see. Dont be shy.
      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 12 February 2012, 03:03 AM.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• hahahaha
        I dont know how to post the picture
        some time later I will try again

Comment

• Comment

• Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post

Nice cue. Has it stopped snowing now ?

Comment

• Ha ha yes mate...its clearing up nicely but still quite cold.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Yeah i do it while waiting for the other geezer to finish his break
                Haha, nice. :P

Comment

• Comment

• How many cues do you own matty? Wasn't aware there was an ash mannock either. That middle one is catching my eye, don't suppose any of them are for sale?
                    Last edited by narl; 13 February 2012, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Ash mannock, sweet.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                        This thread should be renamed the aurora cues thread eh...lol...

sorry...

I'll get my coat.................................
                        Not sure I understand what you are trying to say.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post

Is the Ash Mannock genuine Matty, or is it a (very good) replica? If its original its worth a fair few quid!
                          I brought a normal Mannock a little while ago, but it needed a lot of work on it (still not quite straight, but getting there). I need a badge for it though, and would prefer to buy an original as opposed to a replica if you know anyone that has one and would be prepared to sell it. I'll get some pics up when its finished.

Some sweet cues you have though bud. Jealous doesn't begin to describe it...... :snooker:
                          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            How many cues do you own matty? Wasn't aware there was an ash mannock either. That middle one is catching my eye, don't suppose any of them are for sale?
                            nope not for sale as yet, maybe in future lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                              Is the Ash Mannock genuine Matty, or is it a (very good) replica? If its original its worth a fair few quid!
                              I brought a normal Mannock a little while ago, but it needed a lot of work on it (still not quite straight, but getting there). I need a badge for it though, and would prefer to buy an original as opposed to a replica if you know anyone that has one and would be prepared to sell it. I'll get some pics up when its finished.

Some sweet cues you have though bud. Jealous doesn't begin to describe it...... :snooker:
                              all original mate, had the others refurbed but need to get the ash one done when i have time to send it lol
                              lovely stiff ash mannock, butt bit thick at the end but then goes down to a nice thin taper. dunno value of them, just got them at a good price over years from ebay

Comment

• Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                                all original mate, had the others refurbed but need to get the ash one done when i have time to send it lol
                                lovely stiff ash mannock, butt bit thick at the end but then goes down to a nice thin taper. dunno value of them, just got them at a good price over years from ebay
                                Extracted from the Cues and Views website (David Smith and Andy Hunter), written in 2002 -

"Around 1900, Burroughes & Watts bought the patent design from Mannock and took over the production of the cues. These cues were also manufactured with "patented" and "registered" badges which were positioned half an inch higher on the butt so that a Burroughes & Watts stamp could be placed on the flat below. The patented version was only produced for a few years after which all their cues were marked "registered". At this time Ash and Maple also began to be used for the shafts. Pear and Maple shafted cues would fetch, £200-£300, Ash shafts, being less common, would bring £250-£350. Burroughes & Watts cues with a Snakewood front splice are also valued at £250-£350."
                                If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Working...
                                X