• Stunning as alway's Jim.:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by G30 MC View Post
      Stunning as alway's Jim.:snooker:
      x2. .

Comment

• Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
        Not sure if you meant mine or not, but yes it's fully round
        Actually will a rounded butt change the way of game? I tried my friend's rounded butt cue. Totally not used to it when I was feathering.

Comment

• rounded butts are ok on maple and pearwood when its ash i kept trying to line up the chevrons so i was fiddling more with cue than looking at the shot on

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
            rounded butts are ok on maple and pearwood when its ash i kept trying to line up the chevrons so i was fiddling more with cue than looking at the shot on
            So its more of a mental thing when a round butt is on ash? What if your grains aren't straight? It'll then affect your shot.

Comment

• Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
              Actually will a rounded butt change the way of game? I tried my friend's rounded butt cue. Totally not used to it when I was feathering.
              I'm only just starting to get used to it to be honest, after playing roughly over a month with it, it's the first rounded butt i've owned(excluding my cheeks) i'd imagine it's not for everyone...
              Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                rounded butts are ok on maple and pearwood when its ash i kept trying to line up the chevrons so i was fiddling more with cue than looking at the shot on
                Yup, reminds me of Jimmy White, he always used to rotate the cue when down on the shot to find the part he aimed down. Doesn't do it anymore as his cue has been extended with a chamfer piece.

Comment

• Two of my cues haved rounded butts, both are ash with lots of chevrons and I don't have a problem lining up them up! Am not sure why anyone would do??

Personally I prefer the more solid feel - and find it's more natural to find the correct position to hold the cue (for me the feel of the chamfer has always been a bit of a distraction, maybe its because when I learned to play years ago it was with a cheap one piece cue with a rounded butt, everything else since hasn't felt right?).

For my money, MW's chamfers come closest to the rounded butt feel, so that might be a good compromise for someone who wants the best of both worlds...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tred View Post
                    Two of my cues haved rounded butts, both are ash with lots of chevrons and I don't have a problem lining up them up! Am not sure why anyone would do??

Personally I prefer the more solid feel - and find it's more natural to find the correct position to hold the cue (for me the feel of the chamfer has always been a bit of a distraction, maybe its because when I learned to play years ago it was with a cheap one piece cue with a rounded butt, everything else since hasn't felt right?).

For my money, MW's chamfers come closest to the rounded butt feel, so that might be a good compromise for someone who wants the best of both worlds...
                    Let's say my current cue's butt has a chamfer, would it be possible to just order a rounded butt from the cue maker?

Comment

Let's say my current cue's butt has a chamfer, would it be possible to just order a rounded butt from the cue maker?
                      It doesn't work that way... at least not for snooker cues.
                      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                        It doesn't work that way... at least not for snooker cues.
                        Alright. Thanks for the information bro.

Comment

Any cue doctor could make you a rounded butt, or add a splice to your existing butt to round it off, but this would alter the balance of the cue so would need to be re balanced and could be just as pricey as a new butt.
                          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• its easier to make a cue with round butt you just dont put flat on saves work and time

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tred View Post
                              Two of my cues haved rounded butts, both are ash with lots of chevrons and I don't have a problem lining up them up! Am not sure why anyone would do??

Complete Set.jpgOriqin1 Shaft 1.jpg
                              I play with a round butt cue as well and prefers it to a chamferred butt. Just preference. Distraction during sighting never an issue as once you have used the cue long enough, you can `feel' which is top side with the chevrons. It helps too as the badge is not flushed rounded with the wood but set in.
                              The cue was made by Ton Prahram in May and my specs to him was the blackest ebony with clean evenly spaced chevrons and splices perfectly aligned top and bottom. Must say the cue is everything I requested for and plays great which is the most important thing.
                              I actually ordered a cue with exactly the same technical specs (weight, lenght, tip size, balance etc) with Trevor White earlier in March and is expecting it sometime end of this year. Can wait to see how they compare, playability and finish.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jykl2119 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]11593[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11594[/ATTACH]
                                I play with a round butt cue as well and prefers it to a chamferred butt. Just preference. Distraction during sighting never an issue as once you have used the cue long enough, you can `feel' which is top side with the chevrons. It helps too as the badge is not flushed rounded with the wood but set in.
                                The cue was made by Ton Prahram in May and my specs to him was the blackest ebony with clean evenly spaced chevrons and splices perfectly aligned top and bottom. Must say the cue is everything I requested for and plays great which is the most important thing.
                                I actually ordered a cue with exactly the same technical specs (weight, lenght, tip size, balance etc) with Trevor White earlier in March and is expecting it sometime end of this year. Can wait to see how they compare, playability and finish.
                                That looks stunning!

Comment

Working...
                                X