X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stunning cues .

Comment

• Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
      Is that burr elm in the number 48 cue Jason?
      Thuya Burr
      http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• My new additions..................... Just received photos from Trevor on the completed cues! One is ash and the other one is maple, both are selected shafts and come with matching wood mini-butt. 37 weeks wait, not bad at all. He had indicated a 40 weeks wait then

Am now counting down the days to finally receiving these cues, meantime just doing some ongoing measurement checks.

TW P1.jpgTW P2.jpgTW P3.jpgTW P4.jpg

Comment

• I love the maple one, not jealous one bit, no...

what are the specs?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Great looking cues.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              I love the maple one, not jealous one bit, no...

what are the specs?

Both Cues:-

Length - 57 inches excluding the tip
              Ferrule - 10 mm
              Weight - 17.3 oz
              Butt Dia - 28.5 mm
              POB - 17.5 inches

Comment

• Originally Posted by ongkia View Post
                My new additions..................... Just received photos from Trevor on the completed cues! One is ash and the other one is maple, both are selected shafts and come with matching wood mini-butt. 37 weeks wait, not bad at all. He had indicated a 40 weeks wait then

Am now counting down the days to finally receiving these cues, meantime just doing some ongoing measurement checks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12436[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12437[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12438[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12439[/ATTACH]
                Congrats on your new cues ongkia that's probably the best piece of snakewood I have ever seen... real quality!!! I'm guessing these are thick veneers in Holly?! Anyways good combination

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
                  I'm guessing these are thick veneers in Holly?!
                  On another thread, TW explained that for what is commonly called "thick veneer" he often does not use veneers but stock of the
                  wood and plain it down to the thickness he wants. It gives him "quality and control of results" that he looks for.
                  all to the good I think
                  cheers
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

On another thread, TW explained that for what is commonly called "thick veneer" he often does not use veneers but stock of the
                    wood and plain it down to the thickness he wants. It gives him "quality and control of results" that he looks for.
                    all to the good I think
                    cheers
                    Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what he meant but words like quality and control are synonymous with his works.
                    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

• for my thick veneers i sand one side then cut say 2mm thick on bandsaw then sand the other side or when they are glued to the butt and shaped so they are level then sand back to a mark round the butt so they are level

Comment

all to the good I think
                        cheers
                        That was my thread ; )

I was just wondering if that's holly or maple... looks too bright for maple

Comment

• Add Content

Comment

• my new kevin deroo cue

Comment

• Very nice looking cue. What is the finish? Is the butt lacquered and the shaft oiled?
                              Just curious, are you located in Canada?
                              Thanks.
                              The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

• Hi wayne,
                                The butt has a polymer finish probably is a type of lacquer, and the shaft oiled,
                                kevin did give me the choice of an oil finish on the butt if I wanted.
                                I am in scotland Cheers
                                Last edited by irfeen75; 25 November 2012, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X