This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Don't think I'd change anything with the style of these cues as they are stunning
    are you selling?

Comment

• My latest TW Edition

Last edited by Powerbus786; 4 September 2014, 01:36 PM.
      If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.

Comment

• wowser . Nice cue PB. Is that birdseye maple & Amboyna or thuya burl ?

Comment

• Very Nice Cue m8 and very different!

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Powerbus786 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]16929[/ATTACH]My latest TW Edition

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16927[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16928[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Yeah certainly different for sure

Comment

• Different design for sure, looks a very nice grain on the shaft. Just a shame about the bleed from the purple veneer, my eyes were drawn to it immediately. If it were a JPU you know everyone would be picking fault with that!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Different design for sure, looks a very nice grain on the shaft. Just a shame about the bleed from the purple veneer, my eyes were drawn to it immediately. If it were a JPU you know everyone would be picking fault with that!
                Where are you looking ?? i think if it's pic 2 that's the camera ???

Comment

• No its definitely the veneer in the 1st and 3rd pics, badge side up. Looks to have an edge to it that unfortunately shows up like its bled into the maple, obviously shows up more on a light coloured wood than it would if it was against an Ebony or dark wood. Definitely not the camera because its clearly there in 2 shots, yet the underside of the cue there is no bleed.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    No its definitely the veneer in the 1st and 3rd pics, badge side up. Looks to have an edge to it that unfortunately shows up like its bled into the maple, obviously shows up more on a light coloured wood than it would if it was against an Ebony or dark wood. Definitely not the camera because its clearly there in 2 shots, yet the underside of the cue there is no bleed.

Describe what you can see cueman. From these images, it's tricky to see anything much at all to my eyes.

Comment

• i think cueman is referring to the purple veener looking a bit ropey on the point next to the birdseye maple.

Comment

• Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
                        i think cueman is referring to the purple veener looking a bit ropey on the point next to the birdseye maple.
                        Do you mean this, took me ages to see it lol, wouldn't bother me

Comment

• Why don't you see that in pic 2 ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                            Why don't you see that in pic 2 ?
                            Because pic 2 is with badge facing down

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              Because pic 2 is with badge facing down
                              of course it is ( where's that head in hands smiley ) . .

Comment

• Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
                                i think cueman is referring to the purple veener looking a bit ropey on the point next to the birdseye maple.

Yes, but I wanted to see what he was seeing from the images posted, which to my eyes (which are not too clever it seems) tell me little.

There is a fractional mis-shape to the tip of that veneer yes, but it's not through any bleeding of any veneer. It is simply due to the fact that there must have been a fractional hollow in the birds eye maple under the veneer, and, through clamping and bonding, the purpleheart veneer has bonded into the nick in the birds eye maple. This then creates the appearance of this mis-shaped veneer tip. It is easily removed, but, not without reducing the butt diameter by a tiny amount, and that was not possible because the diameter had to be kept as it was in order to maintain integrity of specs. A 0.25mm reduction in diameter and it would be gone. The cue is utterly beautiful otherwise.

As for people complaining if it were a Parris cue, well, I'm not sure about that. John Parris does seem to get a lot of stick, and at times, I'd say it's unjustified. However, if we are going to make direct comparisons to a john Parris cue, how about this.....

This same cue would have cost £1135.20 from John Parris, which is a touch over what this one cost the buyer of it. Effectively, it means for another £144.80, the owner of this cue could have bought two of them from me, for the price of one from John Parris. I can assure you that this cue would be more than a match for any Parris Ultimate, even with the tiny mis-shape to the tip of one veneer.
                                Last edited by trevs1; 4 September 2014, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X