Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les , lol , how many cues DO you have ??
    Well, u have a very Nice colection !! Looks Great !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
      Les , lol , how many cues DO you have ??
      Well, u have a very Nice colection !! Looks Great !!
      Fair play to anyone who collect or swap cues on a regular basis if that's what they enjoy spending their money on them good luck to them all, but for me it's slightly worrying if they are not at that stage where one particular cue suit their game, style. Changing cues or specs etc etc is a big no no in my book.
      You only have to look at the likes of Dominic Dale whos ruined his snooker career due to his love of cues, winning the Grand Prix with a Trevor cue and then selling it that year.
      Last edited by Leo; 1 August 2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• I don't think changing cues has ever ruined anyone's career - I'd suggest changing cues is the effect, not the cause.
        The cause is more likely to be a lack of confidence or general mental fragility, which happens to everyone from time to time - unless you're a machine like Hendry.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
          Fair play to anyone who collect or swap cues on a regular basis if that's what they enjoy spending their money on them good luck to them all, but for me it's slightly worrying if they are not at that stage where one particular cue suit their game, style. Changing cues or specs etc etc is a big no no in my book.
          You only have to look at the likes of Dominic Dale whos ruined his snooker career due to his love of cues, winning the Grand Prix with a Trevor white cue and then selling it that year.
          Oh yeah,, as I mantioned many times on this forum,, changing cues does'nt do any good on ur game !! Better stick with just one cue that suits ur game !! Imo !!
          As Perpet Said , can effect ur game !! It's more in ur mind !!
          Anyway, for me , just one playing cue !! Even if Sumone is a cctr ,, keeping one cue as playing cue and Not change it every day Or week , is better !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            I don't think changing cues has ever ruined anyone's career - I'd suggest changing cues is the effect, not the cause.
            The cause is more likely to be a lack of confidence or general mental fragility, which happens to everyone from time to time - unless you're a machine like Hendry.
            It depends on what your trying to achieve. I play pool and snooker for the social aspect of it.

A good night or day out with my mates does it for me.

Switching cues hasn't ever really changed my game for better or worse, but then again I don't practice

or play at a high level. Just fancy a we change now and again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              It depends on what your trying to achieve. I play pool and snooker for the social aspect of it.

A good night or day out with my mates does it for me.

Switching cues hasn't ever really changed my game for better or worse, but then again I don't practice

or play at a high level. Just fancy a we change now and again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sympathise and think you make a great point here - and though it is obviously not the best idea to achieve consistency in your game as a few members on here rightly say - if you are a social player and not a pro and just love the game and messing with different cues what's wrong with that really guys? - how many of us are ever going to be the next judd trump?

The thrill of the chase in finding the right one is great - love the excitement of waiting for something that may or may not feel and look great. Searching for the best thing you can find is a challenge and when you do keeping hold of her will be another/

Changing cues can encourage you to play more too - who does not like getting used to a cues playing qualities - they are all different its all good I say.

Comment

• I collect cues just for fun.
                I sometimes sell a couple, guess i have 20 or so now, at, tw, jp, ro, cj and a few others.
                Dont even play with them, just like having them for some reason. Could be worse hobbies.
                Like train spotting or supporting man ure, i mean man utd

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                  I sympathise and think you make a great point here - and though it is obviously not the best idea to achieve consistency in your game as a few members on here rightly say - if you are a social player and not a pro and just love the game and messing with different cues what's wrong with that really guys? - how many of us are ever going to be the next judd trump?

The thrill of the chase in finding the right one is great - love the excitement of waiting for something that may or may not feel and look great. Searching for the best thing you can find is a challenge and when you do keeping hold of her will be another/

Changing cues can encourage you to play more too - who does not like getting used to a cues playing qualities - they are all different its all good I say.
                  To be honest , is about improving ur game !! No matter what level u play !! Pro Or Am !!
                  As long as the player does'nt blame his cue for his fouls in the game and not gonna chang it every day ,, it's okey to have a few cues !! I also want a Nice colection , let's face it lol , who does'nt ? !!!!
                  Cus if u blame the cue just cus u have a bad day Or u'r not focust on that day Or ...... , u'r never gonna be able to improve !! IMO !!

Comment

• Les can I ask what oil you used to get that level of shine ?

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

I think it's Tru Oil.
                      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

To be honest , is about improving ur game !! No matter what level u play !! Pro Or Am !!
                        As long as the player does'nt blame his cue for his fouls in the game and not gonna chang it every day ,, it's okey to have a few cues !! I also want a Nice colection , let's face it lol , who does'nt ? !!!!
                        Cus if u blame the cue just cus u have a bad day Or u'r not focust on that day Or ...... , u'r never gonna be able to improve !! IMO !!
                        Not really the case for me ramon - We don't all care about getting better - I am past caring - n have peaked I think - made a few dozen centuries and I make those regular 50's - I ain't getting better and I ain't that bothered any more I just enjoy it - it is just ups n downs of snooker now - win some loose some - always play the right shot have a good night n who cares>?

I do blame the cue sometimes on bad form which is wrong I know - so I swap n change and I think it does help motivate me to practice - which is the real reason for any bad form - so there is a up side to getting new cues. Anyway you can talk!! you switch as much as anyone!! - even I have had one of your cues

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                          Not really the case for me ramon - We don't all care about getting better - I am past caring - n have peaked I think - made a few dozen centuries and I make those regular 50's - I ain't getting better and I ain't that bothered any more I just enjoy it - it is just ups n downs of snooker now - win some loose some - always play the right shot have a good night n who cares>?

I do blame the cue sometimes on bad form which is wrong I know - so I swap n change and I think it does help motivate me to practice - which is the real reason for any bad form - so there is a up side to getting new cues. Anyway you can talk!! you switch as much as anyone!! - even I have had one of your cues
                          what he said.

I think I was at my best about 18 - 20 years ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• hmmmm ,, we have two very old men on this forum ( Byrom and Bill ) !! forgotten by earth and life on Mars, they're almost dead in fact ,,, talking with us from other side of the heaven with 24 virgins on thr Side as a reward for their good deeds on the earth !!
                            Hahaha ,,,,, just kidding guys !!
                            Byrom ,, if that's the way u thinking about this matter ,, is okey with me , my friend !! As long as ur happy and enjoying !!
                            Btw,, is good news for US ,, more cues u buy ,, more Nice cues we get to see here lol !!

Comment

hmmmm ,, we have two very old men on this forum ( Byrom and Bill ) !! forgotten by earth and life on Mars, they're almost dead in fact ,,, talking with us from other side of the heaven with 24 virgins on thr Side as a reward for their good deeds on the earth !!
                              Byrom ,, if that's the way u thinking about this matter ,, is okey with me , my friend !! As long as ur happy and enjoying !!
                              Btw,, is good news for US ,, more cues u buy ,, more Nice cues we get to see here lol !!
                              LOL, I know it's difficult to believe Ramon, but the point in life where you stop trying to be competitive in everything,

comes at different ages to us all. It's not about being old.

Saying that, I've never really been a competitive person since I can remember.

Quite comfortable with it too.

Unfortunately( but hopefully ) , the 24 virgins by our side bit IS usually driven by extreme old age, although

ironically, by that age, I won't be able to do anything about it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

hmmmm ,, we have two very old men on this forum ( Byrom and Bill ) !! forgotten by earth and life on Mars, they're almost dead in fact ,,, talking with us from other side of the heaven with 24 virgins on thr Side as a reward for their good deeds on the earth !!
                                I don't think bill and Byron are that stupid to believe of the 24 virgins

Comment

Working...
                                X