X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad u got it . Enjoy ur game .
    Wish u the first Cty with this cue !!

Comment

• Lovely looking cue les and the shaft is a cracker! i wonder who did the work on it thou as i have been friends with Stu for a very long while and bought many off him and he doesnt normally do all this work as far as i know unless hes just started to as he doesnt mind doing odd ferrule etc but i dont think he had lathe there to do joints etc?

Les let us all know what the Ferrule plays like when you have it back mate, you maybe able to Screw alot better now!...ha ha ha...:snooker:

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
      Hi Guys I sent my GBL back to Stu to have 2" cut off re shape the shaft, put a new black ferrule on and reset the joint. He just sent photos this morning. Cue should be in my hands Wednesday.

Gaz.
      Last edited by gazza147; 9 October 2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• I heard that Stu uses Alan Day for these types of jobs, was a while ago though.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Don't need a lathe to reset a joint

Comment

• Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
            Lovely looking cue les and the shaft is a cracker! i wonder who did the work on it thou as i have been friends with Stu for a very long while and bought many off him and he doesnt normally do all this work as far as i know unless hes just started to as he doesnt mind doing odd ferrule etc but i dont think he had lathe there to do joints etc?

Les let us all know what the Ferrule plays like when you have it back mate, you maybe able to Screw alot better now!...ha ha ha...:snooker:

Gaz.
            Alan Day did all the work, he did a fantastic job. The joint was uneven and now it is absoultly perfect. The length of the cue feels great and it is deffinatly not too stiff. Compared to my JP it really hits soft and they both have the same tip. To me I feel like it will make it easier to control the cue ball. I compare the feel to chipping from the side of a green with a Titelist Pro V or a Topflite.

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            I heard that Stu uses Alan Day for these types of jobs, was a while ago though.
            Yes you are correct Dean
            Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Don't need a lathe to reset a joint
            That I don't know jrc, if you ran your hand over the joint it was uneven so it would grab on my shirt. I am not sure how he could get it right without spinning it on something.
            " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
            " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
            http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• how does the shorter length feel to you now?

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                how does the shorter length feel to you now?
                It really feels good and somehow he was able to keep the weight the same. I will practice with it today and then we have a tournament tomorrow.
                " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• After a 19 month wait I finally picked up my ultimate from John today. Seems to be what I asked for. I wasn't too concerned over the evenness of the arrow spacing, but did ask for a maximum of 7 as I don't like it too cluttered. I asked for a tight side grain, bit of give basically a playable cue without being whippy. Should be able to take it for a test run tomorrow/monday. Pics aren't the best as I have my phone to hand atm.

Last edited by RogiBear; 21 October 2015, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• very nice, Rogi, what are the specs?

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      very nice, Rogi, what are the specs?
                      Well I can't tell what they actually are as I don't have any calipers tape measure or scales here, but it should be 58" 9.6 18.25oz or at least that's what I ordered

Comment

• 38 months and still no sign of mine...

Comment

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                          38 months and still no sign of mine...
                          thats one big difference in months/years wow
                          nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                            38 months and still no sign of mine...
                            Yep, also just hit 37 months myself. Surely can't be long now eh Jono! Ever asked for an update from JP?

Comment

• When I spoke to John Parris he said there is a longer waiting time for one piece cues as opposed to the three quarter Ultimates.

Great looking cue Rogi, hope it plays as well as it looks!

Comment

• What I would love one day is for someone with a few quid to buy a JP ultimate cue rip the badge off it and stick a David Wu or another cheap make on, and stick it on this thread just to see how many people would actually reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X