• Show
Clear All

• My new ultimate has arrived this week. 1pc Ash 57-3/4 9.75 18.2oz

Bois de Rosewood over Birds eye Maple.

Comment

• Nice design, how long was your wait ?

Comment

• very nice, have always liked Bois de Rosewood

and a badged/numbered mini butt, special request?

when did you place your order? (not wanting the whole "no one should wait 2-3yrs blah blah responses again, just asking )
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Not being a cue maker , so forgive the question , but should the grain be so visible on the butt . I.E Indentations visible ?

And before i get accused of JP bashing .......i've noticed it on a few cues .

Assume that this is natural , but is there a way of filling them ?
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• very nice cue, love the design

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              Not being a cue maker , so forgive the question , but should the grain be so visible on the butt . I.E Indentations visible ?

And before i get accused of JP bashing .......i've noticed it on a few cues .

Assume that this is natural , but is there a way of filling them ?
              I wouldn't imagine there's a definitive answer to that question.

I suppose some will like the completely natural look with no filler, and others will like it to look "perfect". .

Comment

• Indeed. I have some nice 'perfect' cues (a woods, and two grands, one an emperor). I don't like the feel in my hand. They don't feel like wood, they could almost be anything. One of the things that I like about my Butters is that the sanding isn't taken too far, and the wood retains warmth, character, and hand feel. I absolutely adore my badged butters, but the unbadged are not far behind. I like the traditional look and feel.

This ultimate is very much to my sort of taste. Lovely traditional leaning design, with just that little bit of texture to the finish that gives the feel of wood in the hand (minds out of the gutter, please). Nice looking cue.

Comment

• This was a replacement cue from John but still had to wait 10 months.

I too love Bois de Rosewood. Such a deep rich coloured wood but also very subtle. The mini butt was a special order, for me it brings a connection to the cue and makes the set complete. It's a slightly longer 7" extension as well.

In regards to the wood I know it was one of the last bits of Bois de Rose John had as I tried to get the extension made in it but wasn't possible. And the other few bits he has is being kept for repairs on existing cues only and It's not possible to order any cues with this on now. Mine will be the last and I think it's been taken off the cue builder as well.

Comment

• One more pic

Comment

• Originally Posted by Pascale View Post
                      One more pic

Great looking cue !
                      I hope he plays as well as he looks .
                      Very nice .

Comment

• may i ask how long you waited for that?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                          may i ask how long you waited for that?
                          Already asked that:
                          Originally Posted by Pascale View Post
                          This was a replacement cue from John but still had to wait 10 months.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                            Great looking cue !
                            I hope he plays as well as he looks .
                            Very nice .
                            Thanks, it feels great. As good as my other 2 ultimate have. So fingers crossed it plays the same. Even John said its one of the most stunning Cues he has seen in a while. So very pleased with it.
                            Last edited by Pascale; 20 October 2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Pascale View Post
                              Thanks, it feels great. As good as my other 2 ultimate have. So fingers crossed it plays the same. Even John said its one of the most stunning Cues he has seen in a while. So very pleased with it.
                              Glad to hear that my friend !!
                              Enjoy ur game an thanks for the replay .

Comment

• The cue looks great. What a simple but stunning design.

Comment

Working...
                                X