This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers m8.

As i keep telling People a Cue or Any Item is Only Worth what somebody is willing to Pay! so if i put it up for £2000 it will Only fetch what somebody is willing to Pay for it and that Amount will depend if the Specs Suits them.

I would also like to see a few of these in Your Collection Mike or One will do? as I have had 1000's of Cues and seen many 1000's in Person and Online Inc: eBay, Collectors Websites etc if thats what you call a few of them which look a joke! and I have Never Ever see one like it on any of them so i would say that it is quite rare wouldnt anybody else??

If people can show me a few of these or even ONE Like it maybe i would change my Opinion but til i see "ANOTHER" or Others i will keep saying it is Very Rare as when there isnt another like it thats whats sort after not the Name on the Badge!

Also i would like anybody to show me a Piece of Maple as Good as this for Under £200 as i havent come across any for 30+yrs!!

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    I think this is a bit harsh - He listed it for that but so what -he might sell for less and I have not seen a riley diamond cue with this type of wood on the butt which in my book makes it a rare cue - too much talking down of peoples cues on here - a good thing if spotting fakes and stuff nut not if you are just selling - if I don't like a cue then I don't need to bid or comment - his starting price is 200 quid - not exactly asking for the crown jewels is he?

Give the guy a break

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

Gareth,

I do actually like the cue but I know that this is not a rare or prized example of this, if it was I am sure you'd know a chap who is a Riley collector who'd bite your hand off. It may catch someone's eye as a desirable cue but not rare nor prized.

Stu
      On Cue Facebook Page
      Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
      Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
        I would also like to see a few of these in Your Collection Mike or One will do? as I have had 1000's of Cues and seen many 1000's in Person and Online Inc: eBay, Collectors Websites etc if thats what you call a few of them which look a joke! and I have Never Ever see one like it on any of them so i would say that it is quite rare wouldnt anybody else??

If people can show me a few of these or even ONE Like it maybe i would change my Opinion but til i see "ANOTHER" or Others i will keep saying it is Very Rare as when there isnt another like it thats whats sort after not the Name on the Badge!
        To be fair Gareth if I had have kept rubbing this would have turned out similar...

On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Don't start letting facts get in the way of a sales pitch Stupree - it's absolutely not the case that the riley diamond was a bottom of the range cue, for which they used the cheapest timber and sometimes applied colored laquer to cover it up. It's rare rare rare I tell thee.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Stuart a few had been on the Phone about it before i sent it away and i turned there Offers down as i wanted to keep it for pool thats why i sent it away to get Re-Furb and Alterd to Pool Specs by Tony Glover who will back me up as i knew i wont see another like this well i havent for 30+yrs! and im not gonna say what the Offer was but i will say im gutted i didnt take it...ha ha

I would like to say i am not skint nor desperate for the Money so there will be no rush on my part, I would like it too go to a good home were its gonna be used.

Somebody looking for a Lovely Maple Cue wont be disappointed as its not this New Bleach Crap Maple this is Genuine Old Lovely Maple.

Gaz.

Comment

Gareth, we differ in approach and opinion but I will always admire your dedication to your beliefs.

Good luck with the sale
              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Thats Nothing the Same as Part of my Cue m8 look by my badge! mine is the End of the Bark thats what the Different Colour is not that its been rubbed down like that. There is abit of mine like that but look closer at mine Stu.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                To be fair Gareth if I had have kept rubbing this would have turned out similar...

Comment

Yeah you're right Gareth. Over the years I've had a few machine spliced cues that would have looked exactly the same as yours if I'd have rubbed the varnish an dye off, I sold them cheaply as I didn't know I was sat on a goldmine
                  Last edited by Stupree; 27 November 2014, 07:50 PM.
                  On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Here we go again...... Would have, should have, could have hur!.........I hear this so so often.......I could have beaten you if i only potted that Red at the start of the Frame! or if only i had 2 more Numbers i would won lottery!!

This isnt any Machine Spliced Cue by the way as the EJ Riley Diamond Maple Cue normally fetches £50-£80 in Crap condition without the Unusual Butt like mine!

Stu were do i say its Worth a Fortune? as i already said "Many Times Before" I had to put a price for Panjo and if you think £200 is alot of money for a Cue....well i say no more!

You also trying to do abit of Stirring yeah?

I think some of you guys wanna grow a Pair as if your not interested why bother Commenting as all you doing is filling this Thread full of Crap too be honest.

I tell you guys what i would like if Possible please!......... All the People that do have a problem with me "Please get in Contact" as i would be more than welcome to sort it out as it seems a few are Latching onto others and think its good for No Reason!

I have Never Ripped anybody off on here and never will and if i can help people i will as many people know! as thats who i really am and if you guys knew me properly you would know this.

I will start the Names list off who seems to have a problem or wants to "Ruin" every post i put up.......

Leo - > Who doesnt even know me or Anything about me or Snooker by the seems of it?
                    perpetualboredom - "Mike" > Another who doesnt even know me or dealt with me!
                    Stupree - "Stuart" > Another who doesnt even know me or dealt with me!

Cheers Gaz.

Comment

• Gareth - We're entitled to our opinion as much as you are yours - that's why it's called a forum.
                      This isn't a sale thread - note that no one has commented in your sale thread.
                      Why the child like rants because someone disagrees with you? Jesus, talk about persecution complex.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old cue collector --
                      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Hi mike,

I am not against other peoples opinions at all as I'm fully aware this is a forum! but the way some people go about it I disagree with.

I just don't understand why some people have a problem with me when they have never dealt with me or even know me? Yes sometimes well most of the time my replies aren't in full detail as the truth is I haven't time to sit by pc all day and take the time to do that and I apologise for that but I haven't a problem with anybody on here unless they really do something that upsets me personally!

Gaz.

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                        Gareth - We're entitled to our opinion as much as you are yours - that's why it's called a forum.
                        This isn't a sale thread - note that no one has commented in your sale thread.
                        Why the child like rants because someone disagrees with you? Jesus, talk about persecution complex.

Comment

Gareth,

You and I have discussed this in private too where we were both very honest with each other and you know why I have the opinion of you that I do, and that I am willing to be completely wrong in my opinion with the impression created by your online persona.

'Unusual' - at last a word that accurately describes this cue. When you used Panjo to list your cue for sale you chose to assign a value to the item. The value you chose to give it was £200. As a man with so much experience I would have thought you'd have the knowledge to assign a realistic attainable price for an item, especially listing it for sale amongst a community that 'you have helped so many members out' on. I don't like to see members taken advantage of and would encourage everyone to be honest in their listings and avoid misleading terms.

Be the knowledgeable cue sports enthusiast that I hope you are and put a price that you'd be happy to receive from a member of this fine community. Stand by your knowledgeable valuation of the cue and do justice to the advice of the experts you have consulted about this cue.

Stu
                          On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Jesus christ, I came into the thread thinking there was an influx of new shiny cues to look at :snooker:

Comment

Ha ha Phil we are all saving for Christmas

I will we if I have something I haven't shared yet
                              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                                Ha ha Phil we are all saving for Christmas

I will we if I have something I haven't shared yet
                                wtf ? have you started on the mulled wine already Stu ?

Comment

Working...
                                X