• Show
Clear All

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

Might be cheaper to Photoshop it Leo!
    #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
      Might be cheaper to Photoshop it Leo!
      Good call Fred agreed a lot cheaper, would also be nice if someone did buy one and took it down their local club with a swapped badge to see the reaction they get off & on the greens.

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

Reminds me of when I was a hi-fi buff years ago. A shop did blind tests of the Linn and Roksan record players then stopped doing it as " the customers kept making the wrong choice".
        #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADW147CUEMAN View Post
          thats one big difference in months/years wow
          well, that cue is 3/4 cue , Alan. ( very nice cue btw ).
          the waiting time for 1 piece is about 3 yrs ??
          not saying i'm happy to see this kind of things. 19 mnth or 3 yrs or ... does'nt matter . it's a long time imo .

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
            After a 19 month wait I finally picked up my ultimate from John today. Seems to be what I asked for. I wasn't too concerned over the evenness of the arrow spacing, but did ask for a maximum of 7 as I don't like it too cluttered. I asked for a tight side grain, bit of give basically a playable cue without being whippy. Should be able to take it for a test run tomorrow/monday. Pics aren't the best as I have my phone to hand atm.

To be honest , that cue ( and the shaft ) Looks great .
            Any chance to let us know how the cue plays ? ( if u have time of crs ).

Comment

• Rogi looks like you have yourself a great looking cue.I will also be interested to hear how it plays. On another note I had a tournament today so I took my new altered cue and won two matches then loosing in the semis to Floyd. I can't say I potted that great as I am still lacking confidence and as Terry mentioned today I need to punch through the cue ball. I am very tentative. My safety play was great which held me in the matches. Cue feels great. More practice.
              " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
              " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
              http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                Rogi looks like you have yourself a great looking cue.I will also be interested to hear how it plays. On another note I had a tournament today so I took my new altered cue and won two matches then loosing in the semis to Floyd. I can't say I potted that great as I am still lacking confidence and as Terry mentioned today I need to punch through the cue ball. I am very tentative. My safety play was great which held me in the matches. Cue feels great. More practice.
                Well done Les on your 2 wins though, how did the cue play?

Comment

• I find it hard to believe that you forked out for a Parris Ultimate when you could have made one yourself that's just as good.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                    I find it hard to believe that you forked out for a Parris Ultimate when you could have made one yourself that's just as good.
                    You read my mind !!

Comment

I find it hard to believe that you forked out for a Parris Ultimate when you could have made one yourself that's just as good.
                      Wouldn't he be doing purely on the basis to find out how his cues compare and my betting is the ultimate won't play any better then the ones Rogi made.

Comment

Well at the time I ordered the cue I wasn't producing the quality of cue that I have done recently. Personally I felt a huge progression in my own ability in the past 12 months. For certain I have (IMO) made better quality cues than this one. One of which I have been using #007. Although if I was to compare the last 3/4 cue I made #014 with this one I think in every way the quality was probably better. Possibly one that got away as it played very very well. I haven't played with this yet but if it turns out to be my the new player then it will be worth the wait.

Comment

• how does your cue making skills compare to your ability to identify good playing ash or maple?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                            Well done Les on your 2 wins though, how did the cue play?
                            The cue played great. Feels so much easier to handle. TD was right on when he suggested I get it altered. Little tricky when you have to reach but that is what extensions are for. Now I have to decide whether I should alter my GBL C3 one peice. Maybe I will sell my JP exclusive complete with Long Ext & Short Ext.
                            " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                            " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                            http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                              how does your cue making skills compare to your ability to identify good playing ash or maple?
                              Probably the trickiest part.

Comment

• image.jpeg
                                image.jpeg
                                image.jpeg

Just a few pics of my new playing cue made by my good friend Andy Hunter.
                                Last edited by Shads147; 14 October 2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X