This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Well done lad haha, hope the cue plays well, was the cue you sent to Trevor your preferred trusty player ?
    Cheers Mikey, once I changed to photo bucket full site it was easy to choose correct link to post.

Yeah, the Trevor White been my playing cue for 9 months since a repair on my JP elite left it a little short for me. The TW was 59" and I was playing great with it but was just too long and needed taking down to 58", didn't want to trust anyone else to do the work after what went on with my Elite so made sure to send back to Trev. While its there also asked for a Ronnie front splice to be added. He's had the cue a while now and can't get s reply from him, fingers crossed it won't be much longer.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
      Cheers Mikey, once I changed to photo bucket full site it was easy to choose correct link to post.

Yeah, the Trevor White been my playing cue for 9 months since a repair on my JP elite left it a little short for me. The TW was 59" and I was playing great with it but was just too long and needed taking down to 58", didn't want to trust anyone else to do the work after what went on with my Elite so made sure to send back to Trev. While its there also asked for a Ronnie front splice to be added. He's had the cue a while now and can't get s reply from him, fingers crossed it won't be much longer.
      I see, well reading from another thread you are not the only one waiting replies, I think that particular thread has been deleted.
      I'm sure Trevor will get round to letting people know what's going on pretty soon - his reputation is too good not to

Comment

I see, well reading from another thread you are not the only one waiting replies, I think that particular thread has been deleted.
        I'm sure Trevor will get round to letting people know what's going on pretty soon - his reputation is too good not to
        I've been reading the same, seems like it's a regular thing for forum members to post. I'll be honest, if I'd not joined here I don't think I'd know about Trevor as he has no website and doesn't advertise. He makes a great cue, was hoping my alterations wouldn't take too long though.

At least I got my new Parris to go at while I wait, this is made to my spec and feels superb.

Comment

My first attempt at a photo upload so hoping it works!

Just purchased this as I'm waiting a while for Trevor White to alter my TW cue, needed taking down from 59" to 58" and adding the same Ronnie splice as my new JP Special. Will be a good test between cues when Trevor answers my enquires and sends my cue back to me.

Nice cue mate, just looks like a brand new one.

Comment

• That's a very nice looking cue Markz, looks very neat splice work.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by crazybeans View Post
              Nice cue mate, just looks like a brand new one.
              Thanks Crazybeans, cue is about 6 months old and I'm it's 3rd owner already lol. I did a swap deal, I only played 1 shot as a test and new it was a player, the other practiced half hour with my cue and we did the deal. Really pleased, knocked a 47 first frame, not great but I got to learn the cues characteristics and think it might turn in to my player.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                That's a very nice looking cue Markz, looks very neat splice work.
                Cheers itsnoteasy, it's got a nice enough shaft and it's responsive. Tips of splices all perfect, bottom of splices not far out, they look like 90% of JP cues, they all seem to be at the same level at bottom. Nice piece of ovangkol as well. Only thing I had to do was a few light coats of oil. JP seems to send them out a bit under oiled these days. Maybe be a good question to ask him lol

Comment

Cheers itsnoteasy, it's got a nice enough shaft and it's responsive. Tips of splices all perfect, bottom of splices not far out, they look like 90% of JP cues, they all seem to be at the same level at bottom. Nice piece of ovangkol as well. Only thing I had to do was a few light coats of oil. JP seems to send them out a bit under oiled these days. Maybe be a good question to ask him lol
                  Get it on the thread lad.... JP why are you skimping on Linseed.

Comment

• To be fair ,rather slightly under oiled than plastered on, but I suppose it should be bang on really.

Comment

• Hi Markz, good looking cue, I take it that it was an off the peg cue, so you can play until you get the real one, can I ask how much you paid for it....?

Dave

Comment

• Originally Posted by Madbox View Post
                        Hi Markz, good looking cue, I take it that it was an off the peg cue, so you can play until you get the real one, can I ask how much you paid for it....?

Dave
                        Hi Dave, I did a swap deal with my mate for my spare cue and cash his way. The original buyer ordered it to his spec and took 18 months. Just couldn't get on with it. Think on cue builder it comes out at about 625 for the traditional in the special cue.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          To be fair ,rather slightly under oiled than plastered on, but I suppose it should be bang on really.
                          I agree mate, just nice to have a cue feel smooth and finished, nobody likes an over oiled cue as can get sticky pretty quick. I did send JP my Elite and it came back like shaft had been stripped back and little or no oiling, this cue felt the same but a few light coats later and it's nearly as good as TW finish that he gets. Feels great now.

Comment

I agree mate, just nice to have a cue feel smooth and finished, nobody likes an over oiled cue as can get sticky pretty quick. I did send JP my Elite and it came back like shaft had been stripped back and little or no oiling, this cue felt the same but a few light coats later and it's nearly as good as TW finish that he gets. Feels great now.
                            What oil are you using - I'd like a TW finish on mine.

Comment

What oil are you using - I'd like a TW finish on mine.
                              I started with a bottle of Mike Wooldridge cue oil but then tried my hand at making cues so got some linseed oil and Danish oil. Came up with the idea of splitting mikes in to 2 bottles and making them up with the linseed and Danish. I'm happy with the job it does but I only apply it in really thin coats, rather build up the finish than drowned the cue in oil.

Comment

• Never mind all that Markz, where's the pictures of the cues you made

Comment

Working...
                                X