This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see them
    #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

I have a question. I have a cue that the tip is about one centimeter over the ground meanwhile the butt is on the ground. is the cue skew?
      #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

You mean when laid horizontally on a flat surface? It depends on the proportion of shaft and butt.

Comment

Hi there , this is my cue.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by nzsnookerfan; 31 March 2008, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Hey, is the snooker cue made by craftsman cues?

Comment

Where did you get that cue from snookerfan and much was it?

Comment

Mine's a John Parris Special, which was a year old when I bought on eBay in 2003, together with mini-butt and extension.

Ash shaft, unusually tight grain with 16 chevrons

Ebony butt, 4 splices of dark rosewood with light and dark blue pearlescent veneers and a facing splice of ebony

57.5"

9.5mm tip

3/4 joint at 16"

Originally 19.5oz, and I found it rather butt-heavy with the balance point at around 10".

I took it back to John Parris a couple of years ago, and he confirmed what I had already discovered by using a metal detector that a metal weight had been fitted inside the butt behind the SD joint. He drilled that out for me and replaced the SD joint, It now weighs 17.75oz, and the balance feels a lot better with the point being fractionally above the joint at 16.5".

I got the Cheddar Classics case on eBay a couple of weeks ago. Very pleased with it, but to ensure it's weatherproof I've given it a Nikwax leather waterproofing wax treatment just in case.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotmog View Post
                  Ash shaft, unusually tight grain with 16 chevrons
                  mine has 17 i think

Comment

Originally Posted by Theguywithaplan View Post
                    mine has 17 i think
                    Let's have a pic!

Comment

What are chevrons?

Comment

Originally Posted by -Matty- View Post
                        What are chevrons?
                        The pointy bits, otherwise known as arrows, in the ash grain going up the shaft.

Comment

Hotmog you have very nice carpet.....
                          jam, marmelade, sauce, squish... pekmez

Comment

Originally Posted by pekmez View Post
                            Hotmog you have very nice carpet.....
                            That's a £5 boot sale rug, I'll have you know

Comment

Hey there, my cue was recently made by craftsmen cues, in leeds, 57 inches, 19 oz, 9 mm tip, it is from the pro butt series. The design of the butt is actually off one of the cues they hold in the showroom, but is from a series not made by the company themselves, so when i asked for a design, they just made it the same same as i now have.
                              Cost was 159 pounds just for the cue, but i also got a mini butt, and extendable extension, so cost was more like 200 pounds all up, plus case.
                              Last edited by nzsnookerfan; 1 April 2008, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotmog View Post
                                Let's have a pic!
                                i'll try post a pic tomorrow. btw, do you know what having a tight grain does?

Comment

Working...
                                X