Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really like the Coutts (although prefer a flat Butt) -beautiful...what wood is that...is it Cocobolo ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by sprogbasket View Post
      Really like the Coutts (although prefer a flat Butt) -beautiful...what wood is that...is it Cocobolo ?
      Yes it's a cocobola front splice, the cue plays totally fine, but i think it's too light for me and the round butt drove me crazy !! constantly had to look at the butt to find the badge position, or keep spinning the cue around until i found the chevrons !!!

Comment

• Any idea if this cue is genuine? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Jo...item1c413aa4ee

Comment

• well with those half a dozen pics of the case as well it might be

Comment

• Originally Posted by justf View Post
            Genuine or not that cue is absolutely awful, you might as well stick BCE on the nameplate.

Comment

• Hunt & O'Byrne

Picked this up yesterday after a 200 mile round trip, but I think it was worth it. This is the one that was listed on eBay in the past week, it didn't sell but the seller surprisingly accepted my offer. I was presently surprised when I picked it up, it was in far better condition than it looked in the pictures. Barring a new ferrule and a slight refinish it's perfect. Also a few had commented on other thread about the ebony not being great quality. Now that I have the cue in my hands I'm pretty sure that the ebony is streaky ebony rather than poor quality gaboon.

It also came with an aluminium case which I think is the original one from the 80's

Spec ended up being:
              10mm ferrule
              29.5mm butt
              58" long
              18"bp
              17.3 oz

Comment

• Very nice catch there Rogi
                dont forget the after (refurb) piccies
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Well dun mate very nice cue and case it will look so much nicer wen you've worked your magic on it

Comment

• Well done rogi I put in bid and messaged (£700 i offered in private sale) but said would not take less than 899 and would not post in any event. Gutted I missed out, The cue looks great mate, lovely chevrons and it will only appreciate in time - a good investment. If you ever decide to sell please get in touch.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      Very nice catch there Rogi
                      dont forget the after (refurb) piccies
                      Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
                      Well dun mate very nice cue and case it will look so much nicer wen you've worked your magic on it

Cheers guys, I'll put some up don't worry

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                      Well done rogi I put in bid and messaged (£700 i offered in private sale) but said would not take less than 899 and would not post in any event. Gutted I missed out, The cue looks great mate, lovely chevrons and it will only appreciate in time - a good investment. If you ever decide to sell please get in touch.
                      He did say say he got quite a few offers, particularly from abroad but he wasn't keen to post. One thing I can say though I couldn't believe he accepted my offer!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                        Picked this up yesterday after a 200 mile round trip, but I think it was worth it. This is the one that was listed on eBay in the past week, it didn't sell but the seller surprisingly accepted my offer. I was presently surprised when I picked it up, it was in far better condition than it looked in the pictures. Barring a new ferrule and a slight refinish it's perfect. Also a few had commented on other thread about the ebony not being great quality. Now that I have the cue in my hands I'm pretty sure that the ebony is streaky ebony rather than poor quality gaboon.

It also came with an aluminium case which I think is the original one from the 80's

Spec ended up being:
                        10mm ferrule
                        29.5mm butt
                        58" long
                        18"bp
                        17.3 oz

Very nice cue I looked at this and would of bid if it was a one piece.

Comment

Spec ended up being:
                          10mm ferrule
                          29.5mm butt
                          58" long
                          18"bp
                          17.3 oz

Hi mate, I'm the one who willing to pay £100 more than your offer for the cue, but when the seller relisted it, I didn't know he accepted the offer so soon without noticed me. I did offer him in the first auction after you. Anyway good win on the sales, post more pictures after it is refinisned.
                          P.S I was surprised when the seller accepted your offer, it's really what I call a bargain, cheers.
                          Last edited by dan226; 5 June 2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by dan226 View Post
                            Hi mate, I'm the one who willing to pay £100 more than your offer for the cue, but when the seller relisted it, I didn't know he accepted the offer so soon without noticed me. I did offer him in the first auction after you. Anyway good win on the sales, post more pictures after it is refinisned.
                            P.S I was surprised when the seller accepted your offer, it's really what I call a bargain, cheers.
                            Yh, I was pretty happy tbh. I had spoken to him quite at length throughout the duration of the auction to try and find more info out about it. In the end I told him that i would be willing to make an offer if it didn't sell as the original price was too much of a risk with those pictures and the probable work that was required. My offer probably only ended up being £35 less than yours as we did the transaction privately so he could avoid the fees. It was a win win situation for me.

Comment

Yh, I was pretty happy tbh. I had spoken to him quite at length throughout the duration of the auction to try and find more info out about it. In the end I told him that i would be willing to make an offer if it didn't sell as the original price was too much of a risk with those pictures and the probable work that was required. My offer probably only ended up being £35 less than yours as we did the transaction privately so he could avoid the fees. It was a win win situation for me.
                              Yes, I told him I would deal privately and cover his cost on PayPal too, but you acted faster then me, because it was 5am in Hong Kong, there I missed the chance to buy a black plate Hunt cue I ever dreamed of. Anyway let me know if you're willing to sell the cue when the time came, all the best mate.

Comment

• John Parris Limited Edition 3 Snooker Cue

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2515484175...84.m1586.l2649

Comment

Working...
                                X