This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
    Right.....my current collection of one pieces, plus the Andy Travis 3/4 added this week. I'm all for the one piece, but also wanted to try a Travis.

[ATTACH]18319[/ATTACH]

Now, does anybody have any idea how I can stop myself? These aren't even all my cues, just the nice ones (Parris Ambassador excluded). I am worried about my sanity.
    lol, how many cues do you have ??
    Realy nice collection. looks great.
    Which one is ur playing cue ? if u do'nt mind me asking this.

Comment

• Originally Posted by toastandmarmite View Post
      I think the shaft on your (unbadged) cue third from the left looks the best. I prefer the darker wood.
      That is predominantly the result of long slow treatment with raw linseed. I've been experimenting with finishes and I too prefer that honeyed colour. As I've been more overwhelmed by shear numbers I've used more tung oil which dries quicker and colours less. All of these cues have been refinished to some degree. I only count one that has been refinished by me as mine Ramon... so let's just say that's it. The rack downstairs with another eleven in are just for guests. I am conveniently forgetting the other two in cases. My parcelforce delivery driver has promised to have one of them so fingers crossed i can drop them down a bit. I play with (unbadged) Butters purpleheart and also the quilted maple. the snakewood grand, and mainly the badged Butters. I've yet to try three of the grands and the Travis....but all are initially promising..

Comment

• Refinished cheap Chinese Cues for sale. All my days. lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by focus View Post
          Refinished cheap Chinese Cues for sale. All my days. lol
          All your days....are spent talking out of your ass. Can't even get a saying right.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
            All your days....are spent talking out of your ass. Can't even get a saying right.
            It didn't deserve the full monty. LOL! Who is gonna buy em when the seller has trouble putting a tip on. Seriously, swerve!

Comment

• Very harsh Focus, it strikes me Tetricky takes a lot of time and care giving his cues a bit of an overhaul. It's not that he can't re tip ,he was just after advice on a better way, we can all learn something new, no harm in that.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by focus View Post
                It didn't deserve the full monty. LOL! Who is gonna buy em when the seller has trouble putting a tip on. Seriously, swerve!

Did you forget which username you'd used? Isn't the intentionally annoying troll supposed to be the other one? I know you bear a grudge for me out manoeuvring you last time. I like watching it bleed out of you, you can't help it. It's one of the best methods of login verification. I know who you are, even if you don't.

Let's be clear. There is no seller. These are pictures of my cue(s). Which is what we are supposed to post here. Where are the pictures of your cue(s)?

Comment

Did you forget which username you'd used? Isn't the intentionally annoying troll supposed to be the other one? I know you bear a grudge for me out manoeuvring you last time. I like watching it bleed out of you, you can't help it. It's one of the best methods of login verification. I know who you are, even if you don't.

Let's be clear. There is no seller. These are pictures of my cue(s). Which is what we are supposed to post here. Where are the pictures of your cue(s)?
                  He's getting rumbled on a few threads, sad really, needs to get a life.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Very harsh Focus, it strikes me Tetricky takes a lot of time and care giving his cues a bit of an overhaul. It's not that he can't re tip ,he was just after advice on a better way, we can all learn something new, no harm in that.
                    Fumble fingers eh? LOL

A polished turd is still a turd bud. AAAA ash, LOL! Seriously, what sane cue maker puts lacquer on a great shaft? Ergo; it isn't a great bit of timber at all, just the opposite. Lacquer generally goes on the reject wood.

This MB character joined up same time as the CW. Multi-user, same person.
                    Last edited by focus; 7 March 2016, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Sweet. An expert on everything. Sounds vaguely familiar. Watch out lass, your slip is showing again!

Now, the pictures of your cue are where?

Comment

• Very nice buddy . my advice is to carry on. Sell the ones you never use and buy new ones to use. You need variety in life
                        Always a pleasure

Comment

• That's a sick collection you have here Tetricky !
                          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Right.....my current collection of one pieces, plus the Andy Travis 3/4 added this week. I'm all for the one piece, but also wanted to try a Travis.

[ATTACH]18319[/ATTACH]

Now, does anybody have any idea how I can stop myself? These aren't even all my cues, just the nice ones (Parris Ambassador excluded). I am worried about my sanity.
                            Start selling cues as well, then you can say it's a business.

Comment

[ATTACH]18319[/ATTACH]

Start selling cues as well, then you can say it's a business.

Comment

• More pics from Sanman

Comment

Working...
                                X