This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Marks cases are very very nice, don't get me wrong- The MJ case is just the next level, stitching, materials, even the wood that's been used for the carcass, very light but sturdy at the same time. You can just see the level of waorkmanship that went into it. I don't think he makes Cue Cases anymore, real shame as they are stunning. I actually sold the MJ case with one of my cues about nine months ago, was fortunate that I managed to track it down, as I instantly regretted selling it.
    I would probably (at a guess) think he stopped as it's difficult to charge the cases at a level that equates the workmanship and hours put in, if it was there'd be a few cases makers out there custom making for a living.

I keep toying with the idea of making a range for the website but too many have been there before and given up!
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• There is obviously no money in bespoke cases . Far too much time and effort . Plus the quality of materials used adds to the costs .
      If you look at the quality of a mass produced case compared to a bespoke , you can clearly see the difference .

I am looking for another case , not sure who to go to . I believe that Reg Wright is selling cases now .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Yes, appears the time and materials to make a top quality case like Martin's would need to sell for over £500 to be viable, which few people are prepared to pay. More profit in cues and more people prepared to spend big money on their cue. Martin's cases were nice, the square ends with stitching looked good. The MW looks great by the way.

Comment

• Thanks love it, hopefully this the last one.......

Yes agree- Man Hours plus top end materials cases would have to be £500 for them to make any profit. David Bowen I believe has started making ‘High End’ cases around the £500 mark. Haven’t seen one so comment on the quality, don’t know if there is a market for that level
          of case or not.

QUOTE=rdsalt;963519]Yes, appears the time and materials to make a top quality case like Martin's would need to sell for over £500 to be viable, which few people are prepared to pay. More profit in cues and more people prepared to spend big money on their cue. Martin's cases were nice, the square ends with stitching looked good. The MW looks great by the way.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Thanks love it, hopefully this the last one.......

Yes agree- Man Hours plus top end materials cases would have to be £500 for them to make any profit. David Bowen I believe has started making ‘High End’ cases around the £500 mark. Haven’t seen one so comment on the quality, don’t know if there is a market for that level
            of case or not.

QUOTE=rdsalt;963519]Yes, appears the time and materials to make a top quality case like Martin's would need to sell for over £500 to be viable, which few people are prepared to pay. More profit in cues and more people prepared to spend big money on their cue. Martin's cases were nice, the square ends with stitching looked good. The MW looks great by the way.
            [/QUOTE]

I don't believe there's a lot of profit even at £500 if you choose expensive leathers and patchwork.

I enjoy the patchwork and figuring it out but it's a labour of love and not much in it financially; i'm sure it will wreck your hands over time on the corners as well!
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/7glwdmbv1n...946~3.jpg?dl=0

New wood again 👍

Comment

• Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
                Is that a maple one as I've got one but this is going to need some work...
                For that one you've always wanted...
                https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

• Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
                  Is that a maple one as I've got one but this is going to need some work...
                  For that one you've always wanted...
                  https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

• Yeah maple one 👍

Comment

• Well i know i said i'm not buying any more cues ever again just the other day, but i couldn't pass this up
                      Brand new 58", 10, 18.1 oz, 18" bp

Comment

• Plain brass ferrule?

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                          Plain brass ferrule?
                          Yes that's the way it was ordered

Comment

• Well I thought you had beeting the addiction pall but you fell of the wagon ? it's a beauty
                            Current playing cue Trevor White
                            3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Could be the new 'Bullseye' Ferrule

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              Yes that's the way it was ordered

Comment

Could be the new 'Bullseye' Ferrule
                                Maybe will find out when it comes to re tip the cue

Comment

Working...
                                X