No announcement yet.

flying abroad with your cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha ski case in india,thats impossible.

i've asked my cousin to ship it from the US ,looks pretty good .
    RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

I believe you could use shoe polish to remove glue residues left on your leather cue from stickers.

They usually put stickers with bar codes around the handles of your case unless you tell them it is fragile, in which case they will put those big stickers on the body of your case, I think.

There are also fishing rod cases that could go very long, and are strong--may be you can look into that in India. I would imagine they be a bit easier to find than ski cases.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

flying a broad with your cue...

In a loud clear voice shout "Accio, my cue!" [ Zoom! ]
        Grip it firmly in your hands, steady, seat her properly on the shaft while securely holding the butt ...
        Invoke The Flying Charm... away she goes!

Easy.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
          and put the ski case in a box
          then the box in a bigger box
          and the bigger box in a huge box
          Simply hilarious...

Comment

to avoid sticker damage you could wrap the case in shrink wrap, this service is offered by some airports to try and prevent baggage handlers looking through luggage for valuables, or smuggling drugs in your bag.

Comment

You go to a DIY place and buy a length of water pipe. Insert your cue case. Cut pipe to correct length. Then buy the plastic plumbing end bits to seal each end.

At least one top player uses this method and apart from being mistaken for a plumber, he finds it quite satisfactory.

Comment

(sorry to resurrect this thread, but didn't want to start a new one with basically the same subject)

Here's a tip for fellow travelers...

I was searching for ways to bring my cue along when I traveled to the world champs a few weeks ago.
                Couldn't really find a good case that I wanted to trust the baggage handlers with, so I went without it.

However, when I got back home, a friend of mine, who's a guitar player, showed me a case for one of his guitars.
                And it looked just perfect for shipping my cue and cue-case in!
                http://www.thomann.de/se/harley_bent...ood_guitar.htm
                or
                http://www.thomann.de/se/harley_bent..._wood_bass.htm

Might need to modify the inside "foam", but that shouldn't really be a problem.

Sorry, if you have a 1-piece cue you are out of luck :/
                But my case for my 3/4-piece cue will fit perfectly.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ballrun View Post
                  This is what I and alot of the pro's use when flying!
                  I've had mine for about 7-8 years and its still ok. A bit battered about but still does the job!

http://www.snowandrock.com/Activity/...ki+SPT0001.htm

Hope this is some help.

You collect great information but you forget to tell us about Discounted and deals. Well, you can get all Snow+Rock products at Discounted prices through Snow+Rock Promo Codes.

Comment

Originally Posted by savaggirl View Post
                    You collect great information but you forget to tell us about Discounted and deals. Well, you can get all Snow+Rock products at Discounted prices through Snow+Rock Promo Codes.
                    I doubt he did at the time
                    it was 12 years ago!
                    thanks for the latest news though
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Putting the case in water drainage pipe cut to size and sealed at each end sounds like a good idea. Waterproof and might even survive a crash with the outer casing protecting the integrity of the inner casing. I used to take my cue on holiday to Spain because the hotel had a pool table with tournaments and killer in the evenings which I usually won and one year when I was about 13 for some reason I put a small ball bearing in the cue case when we were preparing to go to the airport. It set off the metal detectors and it took them a while to work out it was being caused by the ball bearing in the case and I was finally allowed to take the cue onboard. Don't remember if they let me keep the ball bearing but my dad was livid with me because of that but it was an honest mistake. I only put the ball bearing in the case for good luck I didn't know it was going to cause all that trouble. I was just a kid and thinking of all that killer money
                      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

these sportubes are great
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114352756...UAAOSwpaBfM8Ru

Comment

Working...
                        X