Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GBL shop Anyone been??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
    I have been a few times, i rate it and Stu Green highly.

    Being a decent player himself can offer his unbaised opinion on the cue aswell.
    Just lets you get on with picking a cue out....no salesmanship required lol

    Just wish it was closer to me. Top draw place though.
    Great thanks!

    Comment


    • #32
      Cheers Neil

      Comment


      • #33
        I don't know if this video will work for anyone that does not have a facebook account, but this is a recent video showing how they have setup for business with covid when you visit the store.
        Stu also talks about what stock they have, and that you have to make an appointment to visit.
        The video has this message attached.

        Just a quick video
        Green Baize Showroom walk around showing products.
        Also information relating to visiting with COVID-19 measures in place.
        If you want to book an appointment please call 01642 760888 or email stu@greenbaize.com
        Stay safe.
        https://www.facebook.com/green.baize...6707981239457/


        Comment


        • #34
          bobmikeking That’s a great post thanks! Shop looks fantastic, can’t wait to get there now. Plenty of room for the missus and her camp bed as well I noticed!

          Comment


          • #35
            I went a couple of weeks ago when they re-opened after lockdown. It was a brilliant experience, I got great advice from Stu and Luke and had a titanium ferrule fitted by Craig whilst I was there. There was no pressure to buy or time restrictions, I was there for a couple of hours. I was allowed to try as many cues as I liked, just had to put them on a separate rack when I'd finished with them so that they could clean them down afterwards. I was so glad I went because the cue I thought I wanted from looking online is not the cue I ended up buying (Apparently this is true for most who visit !)

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by PaulH View Post
              I went a couple of weeks ago when they re-opened after lockdown. It was a brilliant experience, I got great advice from Stu and Luke and had a titanium ferrule fitted by Craig whilst I was there. There was no pressure to buy or time restrictions, I was there for a couple of hours. I was allowed to try as many cues as I liked, just had to put them on a separate rack when I'd finished with them so that they could clean them down afterwards. I was so glad I went because the cue I thought I wanted from looking online is not the cue I ended up buying (Apparently this is true for most who visit !)
              I hope so Paul! I had my eye on a Maximus Legend Plus with two yellow stripes, similar to the Joe Davis 600 cue, but that’s now sold! I just hope the 3 others I liked are at least there for me to try and rule them in or out.... I’m sure I’ll find something

              Comment


              • #37
                How does the Titanium ferrule play?? I see they are becoming popular.. was this included with the price?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Danger Steve View Post
                  How does the Titanium ferrule play?? I see they are becoming popular.. was this included with the price?
                  I can't really comment on how it plays yet, I haven't used it on a real table, only on a practice table I made at home to practice straight shots. It was 50 all in (for the furrule, the fitting and a new tip).

                  I have issues finding the centre of the cue ball (due to cataracts in my eyes) and putting unwanted side on so wanted to find a cue with a low deflection to mask that as much as possible. I know there is some debate as to whether the titanium ferrule helps to lower the deflection or not but I can't see that it can make it any worse.......

                  They certainly are becoming more popular, there were two decent players there the same afternoon having them fitted.
                  Last edited by PaulH; 8th July 2020, 04:18 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Just out of curiosity, do the titanium ferrules tarnish after a while like the brass ones do, or do they stay shiney.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I have a titanium wedding ring and a titanium floyd rose locking nut and bolts on one of my guitars ,it won’t tarnish .

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I have been - Stu is a great lad and has a great little set up - take your credit card though because he will have something you like!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by ADR147 View Post
                          I have been - Stu is a great lad and has a great little set up - take your credit card though because he will have something you like!
                          I have a BIG BAG full of cash!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Danger Steve View Post

                            I have a BIG BAG full of cash!
                            That's no way to talk about her
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Lol....

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by itsnoteasy View Post

                                That's no way to talk about her
                                lol - how to get a cue wrapped round your head!!
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X