X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danger - have you been yet?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Next Friday on my 40th birthday! :frog: Counting down the days!

Comment

Today is the day fellas!!! Can’t wait now, just a few hours to go...
        :snooker:

Comment

Good luck Steve, looking forward to hearing about your Big day.
          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Good luck and enjoy your day out !

I had a cue delivered by GBL this week after reading the recommendations on here . There was a small issue with the courier which was quickly cleared up by Stu. The communication was excellent .
            The cue is lovely and will be getting its first testing on a snooker table this afternoon after a few balls hit on my pool table.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
              Good luck and enjoy your day out !

I had a cue delivered by GBL this week after reading the recommendations on here . There was a small issue with the courier which was quickly cleared up by Stu. The communication was excellent .
              The cue is lovely and will be getting its first testing on a snooker table this afternoon after a few balls hit on my pool table.
              Oh which cue did you go for?

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Oh which cue did you go for?
                Maximus Heritage ..... it suits with me being an old git

I was looking to compare it with my other ’new cue’ which is in fact an old RileY billiard cue. The Riley played ok after I had some weight put in it but the Maximus is much more balanced and less whippy which I now realize I prefer.

Looking at the amount of quality cues GBL have I think you might be in for a long day

Comment

Job Done!

Great day with the lads at GBL, nice and relaxed and loads of cues to choose from, too many to be honest!! Just the 4 hours! And glad to see the missus didn’t moan once!

Took a while to narrow the field of potentials, size, weight and how the cue felt at the butt and the bridge helped reduced to just a handful and then I tried one of the SP limited cues, maybe not the prettiest looking ash but it felt great pretty much straight away. However! The tip was rock hard so Stu changed this out for an Elkmaster, instantly the cue felt better and that was that!

Pics to follow!

Comment

Congrats guys. Can we see some pics?

Comment

glad you and the missus had a great day
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

If the other half didn’t moan you should make it a regular date

Good luck with the new cue .

Comment

Originally Posted by danger steve View Post
                          job done!

Great day with the lads at gbl, nice and relaxed and loads of cues to choose from, too many to be honest!! Just the 4 hours! And glad to see the missus didn’t moan once!

Took a while to narrow the field of potentials, size, weight and how the cue felt at the butt and the bridge helped reduced to just a handful and then i tried one of the sp limited cues, maybe not the prettiest looking ash but it felt great pretty much straight away. However! The tip was rock hard so stu changed this out for an elkmaster, instantly the cue felt better and that was that!

Pics to follow!
                          sp ?........
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

sp ?........
                            https://www.greenbaize.com/product-c...-details-nonce

Thai made. Great looking cues.
                            Last edited by fkhan; 24 July 2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Yeah SP are Thai cues, apparently Stu was saying they actually supply a lot of the exotic woods to your Ton Praram’s, Maximus etc and they are rare outside of Thailand. From those I saw they are really good quality and you can tell, particularly between the SP and Maximus, a couple of the SP’s came fitted with titanium ferrules as standard.

Comment

By the way happy birthday Steve, I just got that in, in time
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X