Riley Aristocrat wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Aristocrat wanted

looking for a Riley aristocrat to go in a snooker shed . Any info on what a fair price is for one etc would be gratefully received, thanks.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

We talking steel block or wood cushion?? I’ve played on both and obviously mine is wood but I couldn’t really tell the difference...

Steel block will be hard to find I would say and a good price would be at least 3k for a well used one and upto 6k for a refurbed one. Wood cushion, anything from 1k upwards depending on condition, maybe a bit less if your lucky like I was! But with a bit of money spent you can tart up a basic one into a tournament standard table with heaters etc..

Theres a few on a EBay at the moment
    Last edited by Danger Steve; 3 September 2020, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
      We talking steel block or wood cushion?? I’ve played on both and obviously mine is wood but I couldn’t really tell the difference...

Steel block will be hard to find I would say and a good price would be at least 3k for a well used one and upto 6k for a refurbed one. Wood cushion, anything from 1k upwards depending on condition, maybe a bit less if your lucky like I was! But with a bit of money spent you can tart up a basic one into a tournament standard table with heaters etc..

Theres a few on a EBay at the moment
      Been trawling eBay for a few weeks, just keeping any eye on what's selling and what's not and prices etc. We are thinking steel blocks , yeh I agree 3K looks around the price for one. If we could get a wood cushioned table for around 1k would definitely take it, if it's in decent nick.

Comment

think this is a decent bench mark money wise Jim. Lovely tables, better than Star IMHO, as i believe the Star was based on it but only became the standard for pro tourneys based on cost, supply and demand. The Riley was always the better product. :snooker:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Riley-Ari...oAAOSwc99eWus2
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I always wonder who is buying these, there can't be a club market really and the private market can't be absorbing the amount put up for sale.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            I always wonder who is buying these, there can't be a club market really and the private market can't be absorbing the amount put up for sale.
            agreed, this is the top price shop window of "best in class" type tripe, but deals are there to be done. Are you a haggler, or a button pushing buyer? :snooker:
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

agreed, this is the top price shop window of "best in class" type tripe, but deals are there to be done. Are you a haggler, or a button pushing buyer? :snooker:
              I'm Scottish, need you ask

Comment

Thought you were a canny lad, get on the phone man! :snooker:
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Great tables all the tables in my club are Aristocrats.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
                    Never had the pleasure to play on one, there was one up in Bathgate but we played on a star. Never heard anything but rave reviews about them.

Comment

good to be back mate! what club is that BTW? you are in good shape playing on tables that standard. I just came back from Holiday in Brighton with the wife and my two girls. I took my cue with me, just in case the weather was pants, lolz. Great looking snooker club there called Castles, which Mark Williams etc has graced to play exhibitions etc. Never went cos the weather was good, if i didnt take my cue you can be sure it would have rained solid for 7 days!! They have a Star and 3 Riley silver leg Aristo's and only use Aramith TC's as standard.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

good to be back mate! what club is that BTW? you are in good shape playing on tables that standard. I just came back from Holiday in Brighton with the wife and my two girls. I took my cue with me, just in case the weather was pants, lolz. Great looking snooker club there called Castles, which Mark Williams etc has graced to play exhibitions etc. Never went cos the weather was good, if i didnt take my cue you can be sure it would have rained solid for 7 days!! They have a Star and 3 Riley silver leg Aristo's and only use Aramith TC's as standard.
                        Yes it’s good to be back for sure, far more civilized on here !

Its the Petts Wood club near Orpington . The owners family or wife’s family is something to do with the original Riley family .

Ive heard of that club in Brighton . I’ll bring your cue next time I go on a day trip down there

Comment

Yes it’s good to be back for sure, far more civilized on here !

Its the Petts Wood club near Orpington . The owners family or wife’s family is something to do with the original Riley family .

Ive heard of that club in Brighton . I’ll bring your cue next time I go on a day trip down there
                          Ah cool, one of my wifes friends lives there, lovely area, green parrots in the trees of the woods etc. Great dog walking lands. Great to hear your games is coming on so well despite all odds/playing partners etc. Class is permanent form is temporary Starsk's
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Ah cool, one of my wifes friends lives there, lovely area, green parrots in the trees of the woods etc. Great dog walking lands. Great to hear your games is coming on so well despite all odds/playing partners etc. Class is permanent form is temporary Starsk's
                            I’ll remind myself of that next time I miss a straight black of the spot ( again )

Comment

Good tables the Aristocrat in steel cushion or wood ,I got my BCE Westbury steel block totally refinished and set up for a decent price in February ,the price for the Riley was the same if I remember ,managed to get it all done just before lockdown .Avoid the Star they are made from inferior and poor quality materials and the price is a joke just because they are used in the pro game at the moment .

Comment

Working...
                              X