No announcement yet.

Riley Aristocrat wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me the best way to store table slates . Is it on batons and flat , or is it on their side, or is it another way, thanks.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Can anyone tell me the best way to store table slates . Is it on batons and flat , or is it on their side, or is it another way, thanks.
      Separate and flat I suppose is good as they are naturally kept. But it might be difficult to lift them. Have you bought a table?
      Last edited by fkhan; 22 September 2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Mine were stored leaning against a wall, standing on battens and with strips of batten between them as recommended by the table fitter

Comment

Can anyone tell me the best way to store table slates . Is it on batons and flat , or is it on their side, or is it another way, thanks.
          I would contact your table fitter for the answer to that question.

Comment

• Do NOT store them upright for any period of time!

Store them flat! Get the the first slate down on a flat surface preferably up off the floor by a couple of inches... make sure it’s flat and support across each edge and also in the middle. Once your confident it’s touching in all 3 places perfectly with no rocking, you can then place the other 4 slates carefully on top, slate on slate is fine. TOP TIP, leave them staggered so as you put them down on top of each other you don’t trap your fingers, it also make it much easier to pick them up again!

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Separate and flat I suppose is good as they are naturally kept. But it might be difficult to lift them. Have you bought a table?
              Yeah bought an Aristocrat off a lad who used to come on here ,a few of us old uns will remember him ,John Foster, tried cue school etc. Being delivered on Sunday fingers crossed.
              Starsky, never even thought of that, good idea.
              i have been told by others both laid flat and stood up on their sides so didn't know which if any of them were right.

Comment

Yeah bought an Aristocrat off a lad who used to come on here ,a few of us old uns will remember him ,John Foster, tried cue school etc. Being delivered on Sunday fingers crossed.
                Starsky, never even thought of that, good idea.
                i have been told by others both laid flat and stood up on their sides so didn't know which if any of them were right.
                Wow, please share the pics when you get the table

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Wow, please share the pics when you get the table
                  Got a table, lighting, heating , etc etc, but no permission to build the shed yet lol, we like to do it the wrong way round. Can't wait to start building, it's the bit I'm interested in. Could be six to eight weeks before we find out, it's agony waiting.

Comment

Got a table, lighting, heating , etc etc, but no permission to build the shed yet lol, we like to do it the wrong way round. Can't wait to start building, it's the bit I'm interested in. Could be six to eight weeks before we find out, it's agony waiting.
                    Good luck!

Comment

• If you can get your hands on a pallet truck, put them on a pallet. You will appreciate it when you have to move them.
                      王可

Comment

• Storing slates ,which ever way upright or laid down ,make sure the edges of the slate ( the sections that butt up together ) are not on the ground or up against anything ,as this is where the filler goes ,and needs to be protected and as clean and true as possible.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                          Storing slates ,which ever way upright or laid down ,make sure the edges of the slate ( the sections that butt up together ) are not on the ground or up against anything ,as this is where the filler goes ,and needs to be protected and as clean and true as possible.
                          Good point! And watch out for catching these when moving the slates around! Each slate has small dowels that hold the edges in-line with each other... You don’t want to damage those! I kept mine up off the floor on some 2”x2”.

Comment

Working...
                          X