Riley Club table year of production ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by strobbekoen View Post
    It's a excellent table though with match pockets.
    As a matter of fact, i saw balls go in on professional snooker match tables that there's no way they'd drop on mine.
    It doesn’t matter much I guess about the cushion, so long as the table has been set up properly and it’s looked after, then it will play nice. At least it’s on a good frame with that being an Aristocrat!

Comment

yes it has a fast cloth on it. i think heating is not really necessary as my house has a very stable temp/humidity. don't notice any change in how it plays year round.
      i designed the house with a snooker room in mind, but as you can see from the photos it's more of a snooker slash bike assembly room lol

Comment

What cloth do you have on out of interest?

Comment

It's a excellent table though with match pockets.
          As a matter of fact, i saw balls go in on professional snooker match tables that there's no way they'd drop on mine.
          Match table pockets are subjective ,I doubt yours is cut to official templates as I see you have undercut on the nose of the rubber ,that you can see on that close up side on picture .WPBSA templates are only made for steel block tables ,it’s not just the pocket rubber cut ,match tables have a more severe cut on the slate generally going back into the pocket a little further back .Some tables can have larger pocket openings but still the ball may struggle with a hard shot down the rail ,this all depends on pocket shape and how they have been cut ,even on an official match pocket shots down the cushion played with pace should go in if struck perfectly .Match tables play like a bitch when the cloth wears though ,on tv tournament's the cloth is always only a few days old so they play a little easier and consistent and it’s the same for everyone .The official drop of the slate at the opening on a WPBSA table should just be a shade under 3.5 inches .

Comment

Our table is templated and it's 82 /83 millimetres at the fall, roughly 3 1/3, I hope wpbsa aren't around 90 Mill as that's huge. 3.5 inches can't be right is it?
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yours seems quite tight ,I have templates ,their not that small .WPBSA templates are more forgiving than IBSF ones ,probably that’s why they don’t release them to the public .Just under 3.5 inches is what they have been for years

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                Yours seems quite tight ,I have templates ,their not that small .WPBSA templates are more forgiving than IBSF ones ,probably that’s why they don’t release them to the public .Just under 3.5 inches is what they have been for years
                Cheers Mikee, if I'm honest I don't know what to do with that info

Comment

If your table plays ok and it takes a ball well down the cushion then all is good ,it’s not just the fall of the pocket opening ,some tables play easier with smaller pockets because the curve of the cut rubber may start earlier .I think if your playing well it doesn’t matter really ,when Im Playing bad I can miss on any table

Comment

Typically Mikee… got to get all technical

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                      If your table plays ok and it takes a ball well down the cushion then all is good ,it’s not just the fall of the pocket opening ,some tables play easier with smaller pockets because the curve of the cut rubber may start earlier .I think if your playing well it doesn’t matter really ,when Im Playing bad I can miss on any table
                      The table was set up by the fitters that do the pro comps, they used the templates they use on those tables. I always thought they should be 3 1/3 and that's what ours are. There is far to much secrecy with templates etc. I don't know why they have to be a secret unless they have something to hide. Match pockets are around 3.5 but pro cut should be 3 1/3,or that's what I was told
                      Tried to find the drawings that were put up years ago but they have been removed, did find a thread where someone had 3d printed templates at3. 5 as the proper size of 3 1/3 he found too tight, also Les Edwards had a bce Westbury at 3 1/3 but then you have Geoff Large saying they should be 3.5. To cap it all I'm probably measuring mine wrongand I will check tomorrow.
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 25 May 2022, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I think these might be the dimensions you where looking for?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sn...C2dKDIJxCbLLqM

They are what I used for my table. I made my own set of templates from those technical diagram and used those to cut my cushion rubber. Like Mikee said, there are loads of variables to how a pocket plays. I have tight pockets but my slate falls are quite rounded which helps accept balls easier than a more square cut slate. Having an undercut on the rubber actually makes the pocket opening bigger even though visually from above they look the same as pockets with no undercut. The shape of the jaws, new cloth/worn cloth, new rubber/old rubber, cushion height… This is why tables magically seem different from club to club, because they are all different. Even using templates is no guarantee that every pocket is perfectly identical, even on the same table you get pockets playing different.

Comment

I’ve had 6811 tournament cloth on my table ,got Hainsworth match on now that was fitted 3 weeks ago table plays a bit harder now with the thinner cloth ,a lot faster but pockets seem a bit trickier .Another iron to chuck in to the fire is tournament tables may not always be cut to official templates no matter what the commentators say ,sometimes they may just ease them a bit ,who knows .Tables are all a bit different and you can have two set up at the crucible that are not quite the same after all the rubber is cut by hand so variables will be there .My table is 3.5 inches at the fall ,no undercut on the nose of the rubber ,straight sharp drop on the slate , it’s a reasonable test of ability , certainly smaller bags than most Club tables but you can play all the shots down rails etc .I think if a tables set up well with nice speed ,decent balls and level then it’s about the controlling the cue ball to make decent breaks .I would rather play on a tight fast table where you can float the ball around ,rather than buckets on a slow table that you have to batter the balls around .

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                            What cloth do you have on out of interest?
                            On my latest invoice by the fitter it says "Strachan Tournament" but no number.

Comment

How do i go about measuring pockets ? sorry for my ignorance. Took a measurument across the start of the slate fall.
                              Attached Files

Comment

How do i go about measuring pockets ? sorry for my ignorance. Took a measurument across the start of the slate fall.

you measure like a pro
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X